• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expensive mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shari36

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Last Saturday I went to my bank to deposit money through the atm. Having never done this before I thought it was going fine. I counted out the money put it in the envelope with deposit slip I stepped to the side and put the dep in. stepped back to the atm and its saying transaction incomplete. well I figured the money was fine it was in the bank with all my info. Took my atm card out and asked a gentle man stepping up to the atm if he had ever made a dep through here. He said yes and showed me where I should have put the envelop. I put my deposit in the night drop. I freaked out and told him what an idiot I was. He told me it should be fine its in the bank.. After getting in my car and pulling away I thought I need to check the drop box like you would do when mailing a letter ,you open it back up and make sure its gone. So I found a police officer and told him what I had just did he said to go back and check I did and there was nothing in there, I would say 20 minutes had passed since I made the dep.. This was a holiday weekend so I went home and called customer service and let them know about my stupid mistake, he to felt it would be fine..First thing Tueday morning I went in to my bank feeling upset and foolish for not knowing how to do this simple deposit. Told them step by step what I had done. They got my info and said they would call after they had went through all the dep..I get a call back stating they had found it and it would be posted by midnight. I was so thankful and relieved. well the money was not in my account and I called back and was told they could not find the deposit I had made.. So I am waiting for the fraud investigators to review the atm recordings of that Saturday... In the mean time have contacted the police dept to make a log entry of this. If the bank did not get the dep through the night drop then someone has stoled this deposit. any imput on this besides dumb dumb dumb?
Shari

Veronica1228

shari36 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
Last Saturday I went to my bank to deposit money through the atm. Having never done this before I thought it was going fine. I counted out the money put it in the envelope with deposit slip I stepped to the side and put the dep in. stepped back to the atm and its saying transaction incomplete. well I figured the money was fine it was in the bank with all my info. Took my atm card out and asked a gentle man stepping up to the atm if he had ever made a dep through here. He said yes and showed me where I should have put the envelop. I put my deposit in the night drop. I freaked out and told him what an idiot I was. He told me it should be fine its in the bank.. After getting in my car and pulling away I thought I need to check the drop box like you would do when mailing a letter ,you open it back up and make sure its gone. So I found a police officer and told him what I had just did he said to go back and check I did and there was nothing in there, I would say 20 minutes had passed since I made the dep.. This was a holiday weekend so I went home and called customer service and let them know about my stupid mistake, he to felt it would be fine..First thing Tueday morning I went in to my bank feeling upset and foolish for not knowing how to do this simple deposit. Told them step by step what I had done. They got my info and said they would call after they had went through all the dep..I get a call back stating they had found it and it would be posted by midnight. I was so thankful and relieved. well the money was not in my account and I called back and was told they could not find the deposit I had made.. So I am waiting for the fraud investigators to review the atm recordings of that Saturday... In the mean time have contacted the police dept to make a log entry of this. If the bank did not get the dep through the night drop then someone has stoled this deposit. any imput on this besides dumb dumb dumb?
Shari
It sounds to me like everything is being done by the police and bank that can be done at this point. I have to say, that I don't think you will have much luck getting your money back. I'm sorry to have to say that, but it's true. I have seen scams where people are able to rob a night deposit box using fish line, or something similar. It doesn't look good to me.

I know that it is allowed to deposit cash into the ATM, but I have to say that I have always cautioned against it. If you need to deposit cash, wait until the bank is open so that you can hand it to a teller and get a receipt. It is the only way to keep your money safe.

One more thing. How does someone in this day and age not know how to use an ATM machine? I just find that very surprising.

shari36

re

I do know how to use an atm machine,I have just never made a deposit through one. I was the first to say what an idiot I am. I was told during one of my phone calls with the bank that I was not the only one who has ever made a deposit like this. So I guess in this day and age there are many of us who dont know how to dep. through an atm.
Thanks
Shari

Veronica1228

shari36 said:
I do know how to use an atm machine,I have just never made a deposit through one. I was the first to say what an idiot I am. I was told during one of my phone calls with the bank that I was not the only one who has ever made a deposit like this. So I guess in this day and age there are many of us who dont know how to dep. through an atm.
Thanks
Shari
They were just trying to make you feel better. I've told this lie myself. Usually to confused elderly people though.

shari36

BofA called first thing this morning to let me know they had found my deposit. I was told by the District manager that she was going to ring some necks. I guess they recieved the deposit through the night drop on July 5 but it ended up under a shelve. She said sorry about 4 times and that was that.. I guess we are never to old to learn lessons ;)
Shari

JETX

shari36 said:
BofA called first thing this morning to let me know they had found my deposit. I was told by the District manager that she was going to ring some necks.
Did you get her name and phone number?? If not, try to get it NOW. You might need it if they decide that the deposit is lost again.

shari36

re

Yeh I got her name and she made sure it was posted right away :) I would have never made the dep on the weekend but I had a transaction going through on tuesday sometime and wanted to make sure the money was there. Well it wasnt and I had to pay for it. :eek: Im just glad its over.
Shari

legalcole

Fire B of A**

Due to a similar and ongoing situation (their fault though, not mine) I have had to fire the bank. I am so happy with my smaller and more personalized bank...I am Norm at Cheers! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">