• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion or negotiation? Conspiracy or larceny by trick?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katherine Knigh

My ring

She did not have permission to sell ring. And how could she sell ring if it was still in pawn? The pawn shop owner admitted it was still in pawn but loan amount deducted from sale price.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She did not have permission to sell ring. And how could she sell ring if it was still in pawn? The pawn shop owner admitted it was still in pawn but loan amount deducted from sale price.
She didn't sell the ring. She pawned it (at your direction.) She then failed to comply with the terms of the pawn transaction, so the pawnshop took ownership of it.

Katherine Knigh

No

The sale of the ring then the loan deducted from $280.00 offer made by broker. Ring wasn't paid for to get out of pawn to sell!!! There are no discrepancies or missives information here.

Zigner

You directed your cousin to pawn the ring. Your cousin failed to get the ring out of pawn in time. Your recourse is against your cousin.

I don't know what else you expect to hear, but I'm done saying the same thing over and over again.

Best of luck to you.

Katherine Knigh

Omg!!!

It amazes me how when asking for help, whether on line or in person, people never hear the situation due to their trained train of thought, and are so quick to assume without understanding what was said clearly. Instead of assistance, given are personal assumptions, and the hesitancy to reach out once again for something I know little of. I have $200.00 towards the now increased amount from what was originally quoted. And deciding how to handle this remains at a stand still, for I know nothing else from when I first posted, except personal opinions of those who responded that I am lying and in cahoots with my thieving cousin. Thanks for kicking me when I'm down. But opinions vary, and I can ignore them. So, thanks but no thanks. I think I will file a police report electronically. Have a great day. KKK

Zigner

It amazes me how when asking for help, whether on line or in person, people never hear the situation due to their trained train of thought, and are so quick to assume without understanding what was said clearly. Instead of assistance, given are personal assumptions, and the hesitancy to reach out once again for something I know little of. I have $200.00 towards the now increased amount from what was originally quoted. And deciding how to handle this remains at a stand still, for I know nothing else from when I first posted, except personal opinions of those who responded that I am lying and in cahoots with my thieving cousin. Thanks for kicking me when I'm down. But opinions vary, and I can ignore them. So, thanks but no thanks. I think I will file a police report electronically. Have a great day. KKK
Be careful - you can easily be prosecuted for filing a false police report. You KNOW that she didn't steal the ring and you KNOW that she didn't pawn the ring without your permission.

Just Blue

That is how you want to say goodbye? Really? KKK...Wow. :(

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
There has been nothing clear in your writing. If you do plan to file a false police report, at least be kind enough (to them) to write it out chronologically and without all the unnecessary caterwauling.

Eekamouse

If you loved this ring so much, why did you pawn it in the first place? Seems to me your cousin may not be the only one on drugs here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I marvel that someone in apparently the in the best of financial straits would even consider pawning what seems to be a prized possession so as to give the money to a homeless, drug addicted alcoholic.

eerelations

I sure hope Katherine Knigh isn't your real name, because if it is, everything you've posted here is now public. It can be found and may be used against you if you decide to go to the police and/or court over this.

LdiJ

The problem is that your posts have been anything but clear, therefore if you are not getting answers to your questions, its honestly because we do not understand your questions. It appears that English is a second language for you, and that may be part of the problem. If so, filing a police report could simply make things worse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">