• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed to yield to emergency vehicle and display tag

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaden

I would say expect all officers that pull you over to be rude to an extent, but dont take it personal. you will run in to some nice ones, but no one ever likes to be pulled ove so it normally feels like a bad experience. It was kind of the officer to affix the tag for you so, he wasnt all bad.
in my opion, because of the nature of the job duty of pulling someone over. the officer can expect the worst at first and be what some might concider firm, rude, abrupt... its all personal opinion but if you communicate well with the officer and you are not seen as a threat and you have not endangered anyone and you show respect to their atthority then you will more times then not have a polite helpful officer that might let you go. getting pulled over is like a job interview. your conduct can get you out of a ticket or get you ticketed for every violation the officer finds.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My experience has been that cops tend to be business-like. If you want to be treated like a precious angel? Don't break the law.

OP? Get over it. If you had a tool to take the plate off? You had one to tighten it.

The Occultist

If you had a tool to take the plate off? You had one to tighten it.
The OP's assertion here is that it was loose enough to remove the screw by hand. But then again, my hand is usually sufficient enough to tighten a non-load-bearing screw (such as the 0.5lb license plate) enough to not worry about it until I arrived the very short trip later to find a screwdriver to put a better tightening on it.

davidmcbeth3

My experience has been that cops tend to be business-like. If you want to be treated like a precious angel? Don't break the law.

OP? Get over it. If you had a tool to take the plate off? You had one to tighten it.
only time a cop got really upset during a pull over is when I was doing 120 MPH in a 55 MPH zone .. cornfields interstate. I pulled up to him & he pulled me over. When he asked how fast I was going I told him 55. He jumped up & down cursing and swearing for about a minute or two. It was funny funny funny. No speeding ticket for me that day.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP's assertion here is that it was loose enough to remove the screw by hand. But then again, my hand is usually sufficient enough to tighten a non-load-bearing screw (such as the 0.5lb license plate) enough to not worry about it until I arrived the very short trip later to find a screwdriver to put a better tightening on it.
...or a penny ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">