• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to appear as witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bailey19782000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ky

I have been going through a realy nasty child custody case. My son is a ward of the state but living with his grandmother. I have him for visitation 2 weeks a month in my home. My childs grandmother wants to keep custody so she has my son telling people that my wife is mean to him ( calls him names, singles him out etc). I know for a fact that is not true because I have personally talked to my son and so has my family and he claims he is being told to say these things and is afraid of what will happen if he tells the truth. At the last hearing the opposing attorney requested that I bring my wife to the next court date but she is refusing to come. She is not supportive in this custody battle and doesnt want to be forced to testify about it. What will happen if she doesnt go even though she wasnt summonsed?

ecmst12

Leave your wife out of it this has nothing to do with her. Ask that the court appoint a GAL for your child.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So.... wait. Your wife is NOT supportive in your attempt to gain custody of your son? Is that what you're saying?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't agree. If the wife is not supportive of Dad fighting for custody, there is trouble in paradise - and Dad needs to make some serious decisions.

bailey19782000

My son has emotional issues and I have 2 other kids that my wife is afraid for their safety. My son has already acted out on one of them. She is uncomfortable around him because he keeps telling lies about her. Her fear is that someone will believe those lies and take away the children we have together.

sometwo

My son has emotional issues and I have 2 other kids that my wife is afraid for their safety. My son has already acted out on one of them. She is uncomfortable around him because he keeps telling lies about her. Her fear is that someone will believe those lies and take away the children we have together.
If your wife doesn't back you what do you thinks going to happen if you do get custody? Do you think that such a good idea going for custody if you and your wife aren't on the same page?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And how do you intend to make having custody of him work, then?

gr8rn

If your son has emotional problems and is acting out with other children in the home, if your son is lying about your wife and she is concerned for the safety of the other children, perhaps it is not in your son's best interest to be in your custody. Just saying mabe it is better for your son to stay with his grandmother. Is he in counseling???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">