• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to comply with restitutioj order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbriscar

Ohio. I was the victim in a case in which the defendant stole musical instruments form my recording studio. He plead guilty ( two time convicted felon) and I was blown away that he got 6 months’ probation and a restitution order for $2500. That’s all he got even though he was on active probation stemming from a burglary charge. Anyways, his probation has ended and I’ve been informed I have to pursue collection of the restitution on my own. Defendant is very slick and knows how to work the system. He works under the table so that I can’t attach wages or taxes. He owns a home valued at $5000 and while I can’t verify he owns a Harley Davidson that if it was in his name I wonder if I can seize or somehow recover the restitution from that. Is this a simple small claims case or is it better to hire an Attorney and go for as much as I can. I was the victim and still am while this idiot walks away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">