• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to disperse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rutgersmike

I work security at a nightclub as a part time job. One night at closing, we had a fight outside and myself and several of my coworkers went outside in an attempt to calm it. After the police arrived, we assisted them in dispersing the crowd, as we do every night. Suddenly, a hot-headed officer arrived on the scene and started screaming for everyone one to get to their expletive cars. I began to walk back towards my workplace, as i was not yet done with work, when the officer said get to your "expletive" car. I told him that i was an employee (It was clear that i was due to my staff shirt} and he said I don't give an expletive who you are. So i said that i was going to get off the street and go back inside. He proceded to verbally berate me and told me that he "owned" the block and that if he wanted to arrest me he would. SO i said that i was just diong my job and trying to help them out as usual. Suddenly he got in my face and then 4 other officers grabbed me from behind and threw me against a car and cuffed me. I had no idea what was going on but i was taken in and charged with failure to disperse. Do i have a defense against this since I was working at the time and was merely attempting to explain to the officer that i was not a customer, but an employee who was going back inside to do my work, and not to my car.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">