• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dimond58

What is the name of your state? n.c.
My son works at a fast lube shop, a car came in to be inspected.my son and another employee inspected the car and the customer left, he returned in about 10 min. accusing my son and the other guy of stealing a pistol from his car. the customer was loudly accusing them of the theft in front of other waiting customers and wanting the owner of the shop to pay him $500.00 for a 22 calb. pistol. The owner of the shop called the police, they talked to my son and the other employee,they did a pat down of both of them and ask to search their cars,which they concented, nothing was found. the police then ask the man making the claim if he could have put the gun in the trunk he said no and refused to let the police look in his car. the police told my son and the other employee the would turn it over to the detectives and they would have to come in for a lie detector test. Questions: can police force you into a lie detector test. what can be done if police keep harrasing and accusing with no proof. can the customer be sued for false accusations and defemation
My personal oppinion is the man never had a gun, if he raised enough stink in front of other customers the owner would hand over the money to shut him up and get him out, if not why would he not let the police search HIS car.

M

Mike101

You can't be forced to take a polygraph test. Are the police still investigating it or have they dropped it?

dimond58

detectives talked to him a day or two later. they wanted them to take voice stress test my son refused. his main reason for refusing was they ask him if he drank or smoked pot and when they talked to other employee the first question was did he think my son took the gun. my son just turned 18 and he is not perfect but he grad. high school early and has been working full time in the day in college full time at night and has been married for 5 mo. he dosent have time to get into trouble. besides my sons and my self are sportsmen my son has his own firearms.

M

Mike101

If he takes the test they will not ask him anything about drugs or drinking. They will only ask a few questions relating to the incident. I personally don't believe in polygraph tests. They aren't admissable for a reason. Just let the cops do their investigation. If your son is not involved then that only leaves the victim and I think that they will start looking at him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">