• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused of family violence, can't afford attorney, what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikebear

Firstly, I reside in Austin Texas in Travis County. Now onto the issue...
I live at home with my mother and up until a few days ago the father of my sister's kid was staying here with us as well. My mother and I work during the days and he worked nights while staying with us. We started noticing things missing including cash and other valuables, and decided we'd had enough and asked him to leave. He didn't take kindly to this and actually called the police and said I assaulted him. Both my mother and girlfriend were there at the time and witnessed that this never occurred, however when the police arrived he was adamant about pressing charges so I was given a citation and he packed his things and left. Later that night my mother began receiving threatening phone calls and messages from his father, which we have recorded in case it is of any help. I cannot afford an attorney but I cannot let this go on my record either as I am trying to become a nurse. Someone please help advise me what I can do!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">