• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father mistreating our son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathyc28

What is the name of your state? Virginia
we went to court last week i got joint custody of our 11 year old son because of father not doing good with son had social services and sons principal as witness. judge gave us joint custody until next court date july 16, until school lets out on june 13 i get son every other weekend then beginning june 13 i get son one week father one week. i recieved email from friend whom lives in apartment below them that she saw father push our son down steps and our son ran to her home i emailed this to social worker since i live an hour away. judge also ordered son to have a GAL and the gal has contacted me i have appointment with him june 9 and social services are doing home study on both of us. is there anything else i can do since he is mistreating our son. i hate that son is going through this i feel so helpless.

VeronicaGia

kathyc28 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
we went to court last week i got joint custody of our 11 year old son because of father not doing good with son had social services and sons principal as witness.

**Witnesses to what?

judge gave us joint custody until next court date july 16, until school lets out on june 13 i get son every other weekend then beginning june 13 i get son one week father one week. i recieved email from friend whom lives in apartment below them that she saw father push our son down steps and our son ran to her home i emailed this to social worker since i live an hour away.

**Is it possible the son is playing you against each other? I also don't mean to be rude, but since you have a "friend" in the building, I'd worry about the validity of this story. You're trying for custody, a friend e-mails you and tells you your ex pushed your son down some stairs...why didn't the friend call the police, an ambulance.....

judge also ordered son to have a GAL and the gal has contacted me i have appointment with him june 9 and social services are doing home study on both of us. is there anything else i can do since he is mistreating our son. i hate that son is going through this i feel so helpless.
**You'd better have proof of any/all allegations.

kathyc28

reply to veronica

social services and son's principal were witnesses to the fact one son doing bad in school father will not make him do his homework and will not work with school in getting son to straighten up social services have been working with them father and son and reported father not been home several times when son get home from school son been locked outside despite weather, father allows son to drink, father basically does not cooperate with them either
my friend did also call the dept of social services but she is afraid because father and his friends damaged her vehicle before for calling me and police when he was letting son drink son is 11.
all i want is for son to not be mistreated if in fact father is physically abusing son then i will not stand for that if not then i would be the first to apoligize to father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">