• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Refuses to Give Address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wileybunch

Yeah, a PI is the only way you can "know" and that's only be really looking into things and making a deduction. He could use any address for mail or the usual things that "prove" where he lives, but never actually bed there.

krs0525

I confronted him with the return letter, and he has stuck to his story. I have not made any threats with regard to taking him to court, but I feel that it may be the only option at this point.

ALABAMA
Six months ago, I sent a letter to him at the address that he had provided, and it was returned to me by the post office. When I called the local post office to find out why the letter was returned, I was told that the residence at that address was vacant. The property is owned by my ex-husband's family, but the postman was adamant that no one had lived there in some time.

I believed that a mistake must have been made, so I called my ex-husband to confirm his residence address. He confirmed that the address that he had given me was correct.

A few weeks later, after our daughter returned from her father's home, she told me that her father lived with two other "guys." I explained to her that she must be mistaken and that they were probably just friends that had come over to visit. She told me, "No. They have beds at Daddy's house." She also added that her father does not even live in the city that he claims, but instead, lives in the city where he resided before the supposed relocation.
So you've known about this issue for six months and you're just now asking what you should do about it? Why is this a problem for you now when you've done nothing about it for six months? What has changed?

krs0525

As soon as I became suspicious that this was not his actual address about six months ago, I contacted my attorney. My attorney contacted his attorney to confirm his address. His attorney confirmed that it was his residential address.

Even with the confirmation of the address, I have had concern because he refuses to agree to let me drop her off at his home. My concern has increased recently because of this continued refusal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">