• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers Out of state temporary custody victory!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeekChrist

Arizona with the battle in Florida.

After a huge jurisdiction battle I lost jurisdiction for the case in Arizona since the mother previously filed the year before in Florida. We went to an emergency child pickup order she filed and I was awarded temporary custody even though her lawyer set it up. Now the child and myself (Father) reside in Arizona. This was back in September and now we have another court date setup for Jan 31st (she setup yesterday). She lied to the judges face about using drugs and also failed a drug test after lieing. Her father is attempting to show up in court with her on the 31st (assumably to help her side). Is there anything I should prepare considering I cant afford an attorney. Her lawyer also filed for a motion to withdraw from councel which was granted. so now we are both lawyerless, the battle is in florida, the child and I are in Arizona, and she has supervised visitation ordered by the court. Would it be a good idea to continue fighting in florida since her reputation with the judge completely got shattered? Is there anything I could file to get this sped up or basically grant her to temporarily pay child support since she strongly and profoundly said NO! that it wasnt court ordered? Please any direction would be much appreciated.

Is there a way I can obtain free legal services, pay a paralegal to help with what motions/petitions i can file, or just obtain state funded help? thanks!

GrowUp!

Is there anything I could file to get this sped up or basically grant her to temporarily pay child support since she strongly and profoundly said NO! that it wasnt court ordered? Please any direction would be much appreciated.
There is nothing you can do to file to "speed it up." There's something called 'due process' that everyone is entitled to under the United States Constitution. Not to mention the holidays right around the corner.

As far as child support...too damn bad if she doesn't want to pay. I would suggest calling your local CSEA about filing for child support. Caution...there might be a jurisdictional issue. ANd since it would be an interstate issue, don't expect anything to move fast. What you might want to do first, is consult with a couple of attorneys in your area and run the CS by them...since it's a temp order, you should be able to get advice from them how to proceed.

SeekChrist

Thanks for the advice. I guess I should be worrying about finding some alternative type of legal services other than paying an attorney. Has anyone heard about a lawyer coaching or directing but not fully retaining services?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">