• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Return - TurboTax error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abezon

If the IRS was not that specific about what was wrong or you want more details about what they have on record for you during that tax year, you might file form 4506 or 4506-T. Maybe someone used your SS# to get a job.
That happened to a client of mine. He got an IRS nastygram stating that he had failed to include $12,000 of wages on his return. When he got the transcript of his W-2s for that tax year, there were 3 extra W2s. We sent the IRS a letter pointing out that my client [Greg] had never been to Tennessee, let alone worked 3 separate jobs there, and that the names listed on the 3 extra W2s were Maria & Irene, not Greg. Never heard anything more from the IRS about it......

LdiJ

That happened to a client of mine. He got an IRS nastygram stating that he had failed to include $12,000 of wages on his return. When he got the transcript of his W-2s for that tax year, there were 3 extra W2s. We sent the IRS a letter pointing out that my client [Greg] had never been to Tennessee, let alone worked 3 separate jobs there, and that the names listed on the 3 extra W2s were Maria & Irene, not Greg. Never heard anything more from the IRS about it......
I have had it happen to 2 or 3 clients of mine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">