• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fee Agreement Contract Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am totally confused....who hires an attorney to sue their own insurance company?...at least in a situation like this one?

When you have uninsured motorist coverage it covers direct costs. It covers damages to your vehicle, a temporary rental car and medical costs. I have never seen uninsured motorist coverage that covers things like lost wages and other indirect costs. Am I just way out of the loop here? Isn't this guy going to get cancelled by his insurance company as soon as this is over?
I have not sued my insurance company (yet). I expect my insurance company to reimburse out of pocket medical costs, lost wages, and other applicable expenses. I also expect pain & suffering compensation - but this amount is subjective, so I hired an attorney to help me get a fair figure.

My uninsured motorist coverage does not cover damage to my vehicle or rental car costs.

The whole idea here is that I'm suing the other driver and for whatever the other driver cannot pay (most likely all of it), my insurance writes the check.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have not sued my insurance company (yet). I expect my insurance company to reimburse out of pocket medical costs, lost wages, and other applicable expenses. I also expect pain & suffering compensation - but this amount is subjective, so I hired an attorney to help me get a fair figure.

My uninsured motorist coverage does not cover damage to my vehicle or rental car costs.

The whole idea here is that I'm suing the other driver and for whatever the other driver cannot pay (most likely all of it), my insurance writes the check.
Your insurance contract lists that lost wages and pain and suffering is included in your uninsured motorist coverage? Because most likely it is not. And if you haven't reviewed the entire insurance contract, you may find that you won't get more than what they offered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">