• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony battary while in mental crisis center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmet4nzkx

glassmaker said:
This has also been a problem at home.
Of course it has, unfortunately because of patient's rights, it takes a criminal act to effect treatment compliance for a linited amount of time. It is in no one's best interest to have him avoid a sentence, sentencing into a structured and safe environment is best, that could mean a mental hospital or correctional institution. It is ok to have mixed emotions. What medications do he take when he takes them? Does he smoke and drink coffee?

glassmaker

Meds son takes

Depakote, benadryl, haloperidol,proxac(sp) and risperdol. He refuses to take it all because he is a zombie when he does.

glassmaker

emotions

I do have mixed emotions but I try not to let them rule me. He has spent a total of six years in prison and about 6 months in a mental unit. But after his time is served he only has me. So I allow him home until something like this happens again. I do not bond him out of jail. He knows that I feel if you do the crime then you do the time. My spelling is not the greatest so I hope you can figure it out.

rmet4nzkx

glassmaker said:
I do have mixed emotions but I try not to let them rule me. He has spent a total of six years in prison and about 6 months in a mental unit. But after his time is served he only has me. So I allow him home until something like this happens again. I do not bond him out of jail. He knows that I feel if you do the crime then you do the time. My spelling is not the greatest so I hope you can figure it out.
Unfortunately, this can't be cured and the medication won't help him if he doesn't take it, zombies don't assult strangers. Sometimes, prison is not the worst place for them, some even try to get back in and can't function on the outside.

glassmaker

I agree with you. Sometimes I feel as if he wants to go back. He got out in 2003 after 18 months. He of course came home. I felt this time he had had enough. He went to collage this time and he completed it with honors. He had a 4.0 average, before he got sick in Oct. 05 with his voices. But he still ended up with a 3.8 average. Proud day for me to see he walk an that stage. So we have had 3 years of no jail or prison visits until now. I only pray, go to support group and try to keep myself together. Not much else I can do. Keep up faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">