• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance's ex going after me (Custody trial)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chikels38

What is the name of your state? My fiancé and his ex are in a custody trial. We don't live together. She admitted in court to breaking into his iCloud account and getting naked photos we sent to one another (no faces) and is using that for custody. She admitted to keeping the photos for at least a year before showing them in court and made comments that I have no morals and I am a nasty woman.

She called the cops on fiancé once and told the cops that I threatened her (Never met her never talked to the her) but admitted in court she lied to the cops.

My fiancé’s attorney said “who cares” about the photos but then again, I’m not his client. He wants her to hang herself in custody court with these photos. I went to the cops but they are useless as they told me if I dumped fiancé I wouldn’t have these problems. I am in the process of opening up an art store in my small town and I am concerned that these photos can show up anytime anywhere (It would be like her to show up at my grand opening).

A GAL has been hired and is in the process of interviewing fiancé and his ex (Not me since we don’t live together). My mom thinks I need to hire an attorney, but if what everyone is saying is true (I being told threes nothing I can do) then I won’t; waist my money on a consultation. Please help me thank you

Chikels38

What is the name of your state? Massachuetts My fiancé and his ex are in a custody trial. We don't live together. She admitted in court to breaking into his iCloud account and getting naked photos we sent to one another (no faces) and is using that for custody. She admitted to keeping the photos for at least a year before showing them in court and made comments that I have no morals and I am a nasty woman.

She called the cops on fiancé once and told the cops that I threatened her (Never met her never talked to the her) but admitted in court she lied to the cops.

My fiancé’s attorney said “who cares” about the photos but then again, I’m not his client. He wants her to hang herself in custody court with these photos. I went to the cops but they are useless as they told me if I dumped fiancé I wouldn’t have these problems. I am in the process of opening up an art store in my small town and I am concerned that these photos can show up anytime anywhere (It would be like her to show up at my grand opening).

A GAL has been hired and is in the process of interviewing fiancé and his ex (Not me since we don’t live together). My mom thinks I need to hire an attorney, but if what everyone is saying is true (I being told threes nothing I can do) then I won’t; waist my money on a consultation. Please help me thank you

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? My fiancé and his ex are in a custody trial. We don't live together. She admitted in court to breaking into his iCloud account and getting naked photos we sent to one another (no faces) and is using that for custody. She admitted to keeping the photos for at least a year before showing them in court and made comments that I have no morals and I am a nasty woman.

Why does your mother think you need to hire an attorney...for what purpose? I agree with your boyfriends attorney...The judge is really unlikely to care about the naked pic's (if they are submitted into evidence). And as the pic's don't show your faces it is unlikely to impact you even if she plastered them on every telephone pole from Boston to Leominster.

I'm curious...How was she able to break into his iCloud to get the pic's?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree with Just Blue. The mother of the child is hanging herself with her lies and behavior.

Question: Are you prepared to deal with her for the rest of your life? How old is the child? Is this an initial custody trial or a modification?

Chikels38

My mom is thinking laywer for slander purposes and possibly getting a "gag order" on the photos. We don't know how she broke in, I'm thinking she had the password from when they were together. She is going for full custody stating that she doesn't want his daughter (Who is 2) around me and says he is dangerous (No proof of him being dangerous). They have 50/50 but wants sole custody, also said once we are married she will get Child support from me.

Just Blue

My mom is thinking laywer for slander purposes and possibly getting a "gag order" on the photos. We don't know how she broke in, I'm thinking she had the password from when they were together. She is going for full custody stating that she doesn't want his daughter (Who is 2) around me and says he is dangerous (No proof of him being dangerous). They have 50/50 but wants sole custody, also said once we are married she will get Child support from me.
How is she slandering you? What lies is she saying about you and how are those lies harming you? You're boyfriend is kinda sorta dumb for not changing his passwords (all passwords) after he and his ex split. Hopefully he changed them all now and isn't sharing the new ones with anyone...even you.

She is not getting support from you. Your income will not be considered for child support orders. Stop talking to her. Pretend she doesn't exist. If you are attending pick-up's/ drop offs, stop.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We don't know how she broke in, I'm thinking she had the password from when they were together.
So, she didn't "break in" - your b/f was dumb and didn't change the password, apparently.

Seriously - you're giving her too much rent-free space in your head, and your mother is feeding it.

Chikels38

How is she slandering you? What lies is she saying about you and how are those lies harming you? You're boyfriend is kinda sorta dumb for not changing his passwords (all passwords) after he and his ex split. Hopefully he changed them all now and isn't sharing the new ones with anyone...even you.

She is not getting support from you. Your income will not be considered for child support orders. Stop talking to her. Pretend she doesn't exist. If you are attending pick-up's/ drop offs, stop.
Thank you, Jet Blue. She lied to cops saying I threatened her, then admitted she lied in court (admitting we never met or spoke). Yes, they are not harming me (yet). Yes, he is sorta dumb since he is in IT!!!

Chikels38

So, she didn't "break in" - your b/f was dumb and didn't change the password, apparently.

Seriously - you're giving her too much rent-free space in your head, and your mother is feeding it.
We don't know if she got photos, she showed up to court with a thread of our text messages (Photos included) and would not give the lawyer a answer as to how she got it; just got angry and starting yelling at his lawyer and her lawyer stopped the questioning.

Just Blue

Thank you, Jet Blue. She lied to cops saying I threatened her, then admitted she lied in court (admitting we never met or spoke). Yes, they are not harming me (yet). Yes, he is sorta dumb since he is in IT!!!
At this point hiring an attorney, IMO, would be a waste of money. You could call the Bar Association and get a referral for a consult (they are usually free or small $$). https://www.massbar.org/

The bolded is unsurprising. It's a bit like the appliance repair person who's washing machine isn't fixed for 2 months.

BTW: It's JUST Blue...not Jet Blue. :)

Just Blue

:)Thank you Just blue!! the GAL is inteviewing Fiance' and her this week. This should be interesting.
You're very welcome, Chilels38. Remember to keep out of their custody/parenting issues as must as humanly possible...be supportive to him but don't get involved.
My one trip to family court was down in Worcester and the Judge there ripped into a Mother because of the overstepping her new husband was doing. Her primary custody was taken away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">