• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fiduciary breach for 12 years?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dandy Don

Have you received the items you were listed to receive from the trust?

You have already been advised to acquire the services of an Oregon trust attorney to get information about the trust. Why haven't you done so?

If there is no stipulation in the trust that mentions the trustee is exempt from posting a bond, then you need to be asking your attorney whether you should ask trustee or the court to require this trustee to post a trustee's bond to protect the financial interest of the beneficiaries in case there has been theft or misappropriation of funds from this trust. An you also need to be requesting an audit.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

rmacki

Dandy Don said:
Have you received the items you were listed to receive from the trust?
I received the items from the page I was allowed to read, but I was not allowed to read anymore.

You have already been advised to acquire the services of an Oregon trust attorney to get information about the trust. Why haven't you done so?
My brother and I have met with an Oregon attorney twice. We have now brought our cousin in who is also an active beneficiary. So we are wondering if we should go back to the Oregon attorney or find a Washington attorney or if there is another alternative we may not know about.

If there is no stipulation in the trust that mentions the trustee is exempt from posting a bond, then you need to be asking your attorney whether you should ask trustee or the court to require this trustee to post a trustee's bond to protect the financial interest of the beneficiaries in case there has been theft or misappropriation of funds from this trust. An you also need to be requesting an audit.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Thanks. It seems as though we need to begin to pursue formal/legal contact with my mom (trustee&executor) She actually is operating under two separate entities. The "Trust" that she has kept to herself and an "Estate" that she also operates. It is a real mess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">