• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing a Contempt Charge Successfully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

efcoco1 said:
Again..

Judge told my ex..that visitation cannot be denied unless he physically shows up at the door. He cant make a phone call..and because nobody answers..assume that the child is not available for pickup. The judge says that if I (custodial parent) told him via phone conversation that he could not see our child ..and this was not agreeable with him..he still would have to show up on time to attempt to exercise his visitation rights/privileges...and then if I refused or did not make child available..then...I was in contempt. Document times..dates. If necessary, video.
Never thought of a video...that would p..s the CP off!

efcoco1

You just need to let her/him know you are serious. Your not playing her/his game. He/she is not the law..and do have rules to follow...just as you have.

My husband thought about videoing her denial, too. No matter what, he is taking an unrelated witness! I really hope she doesn't get away with this! Not only that, she's been denying phone calls. My husband calls about once a week to talk to his daughter and she won't allow it. In my state, there are specific statutes requiring liberal phone calls.

stepmom&mom said:
My husband thought about videoing her denial, too. No matter what, he is taking an unrelated witness! I really hope she doesn't get away with this! Not only that, she's been denying phone calls. My husband calls about once a week to talk to his daughter and she won't allow it. In my state, there are specific statutes requiring liberal phone calls.
It's going to be rather difficult video taping out the window. Last week when we went with a police officer she was pouting for meto get off her property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">