• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing When Undocumented.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Thanks for the heads up, I am sure my status should be resolved asap but atm economy is hitting us the hardest. I well know I have all the requirements to become a producing resident... It's all about my resources, mainly cash... And ofc I won't risk being deported... My kids are citizens of this country, I don't think what they would do in a foreign country.

Thanks For You're Help Again *Cheers* :)
I honestly do think you're making the right decision (if I'm understanding you) - if you're headed towards becoming a legal resident I think you'd agree with me that your family are worth mountains more than $600 :)

Incidentally there are many, many low-cost, pro-bono legal services devoted to helping low or no-income families with immigration matters. In the major cities there are also usually at least one or two law clinics where matters are dealt with by either volunteer attorneys, law students (who are overseen by attorneys) or any combination therein. It might be well worth your time to investigate if lack of resources is your only (or main) reason for not being able to do anything at the moment.

(this does assume that you would otherwise be allowed to adjust your status of course)

DjEra

I honestly do think you're making the right decision (if I'm understanding you) - if you're headed towards becoming a legal resident I think you'd agree with me that your family are worth mountains more than $600 :)

Incidentally there are many, many low-cost, pro-bono legal services devoted to helping low or no-income families with immigration matters. In the major cities there are also usually at least one or two law clinics where matters are dealt with by either volunteer attorneys, law students (who are overseen by attorneys) or any combination therein. It might be well worth your time to investigate if lack of resources is your only (or main) reason for not being able to do anything at the moment.

(this does assume that you would otherwise be allowed to adjust your status of course)
Ofc, my family is not worth being parted for $600

I will try to pester the guy to pay up.. :)

Who knows.. maybe after several times he might find it annoying.

wookie353

1. apply for green card
2. forget about 600.00
3. get green card
4. suit dude for 600.00 get him deported
5. ???
6. profit

Proserpina

1. apply for green card
2. forget about 600.00
3. get green card
4. suit dude for 600.00 get him deported
5. ???
6. profit
1. Easier said than done according to OP.

2. Agreed

3. Ditto #1

4. Do you really think if the employer is deported he's actually going to pay?

5. Lapse in memory? :confused:

6. And how would OP do this?

wookie353

1. Easier said than done according to OP.

2. Agreed

3. Ditto #1

4. Do you really think if the employer is deported he's actually going to pay?

5. Lapse in memory? :confused:

6. And how would OP do this?
4. who knows rly? but least he'll have the satisfaction of screwing him back.

5. ???

6. profit

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">