• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fin Plan's calculation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denverb

What is the name of your state?minnesota

has anyone ever heard of a fin's plan calculation? my ex's new attorney is asking for a review of the last daycare order and cited some fin's plan calculation to determine what percentage i should be paying (which is more than what the magistrate and the c.s. officer both calculated).

i was wondering if anyone had any info on this or knows of a website that explains it in plain english. my web searches have not gotten me anywhere...

denverb

nevermind. i found out it's a kind of software that some company puts out.

does anyone know when calculating each person's percentage of child care if child support is taken out first for the ncp when figuring income and added to the cp? or are daycare percentages calculated without the child support being subtracted off first?

I don't know about your state but in my state (AZ) they figure the basic child support amount by using both incomes (only take out for care of another child or alimony paid) then they add to the basic child support amount the cost of daycare paid by the CP (this figure is a 12 month average and then adjusted for the gov't child care break on taxes) they will subtract if the ncp pays any on their time along with cost of medical insurance (added or subtracted depending on who pays) that # is then adjusted by the amount of visitation the ncp gets. After that # is reached it is then determined what % each parent is responsible for based on the % of the income they account for. Whatever your % is then you pay that % of that #. Still confusing I know but I hope this helped.

denverb

thanks for the help but i know that's not even close because the cp's income is not considered whatsoever when it comes to c.s. the percentages for who's responsible for what portion of daycare and medical expenses are based off of both parent's incomes seperately (based on ability to pay i guess) but i don't know how they figure it out. thanks anyways!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">