• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final walk-through

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wyett717

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

We are vacating our rental property on July 30 (I turned our 30-day notice in on June 30). The property management company scheduled our final walk-through for August 11, twelve days after we are moving out.

We live in a neighborhood of mostly college students who party alot; exactly why we are buying a house far away from here. Our next door neighbors (we live in a 4-townhouse complex) also have parties and have been known to wander onto our property.

Would we be liable for any damage done to the property between July 31 (the day after we move out) and August 11 (the day of the walk-through)? I'm guessing we would, since the walk-through is to assess the cleanliness and condition of the property. I'm considering re-scheduling the walk-through for the end of July, I just wanted to get more of a legal opinion before speaking to the property managers again. Thanks!

Alaska landlord

Reschedule and take plenty of pictures. Management will have no clue who is to blame for the damages and will assume you are at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">