• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for being pregnant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ESteele

OP, follow the above advice concerning the prompt filing of a discrimination charge with the EEOC or the state FEPA. Without checking, I am reasonably certain that the statute of limitations for filing a Title VII charge of discrimination in Ohio is 300 days. (I do not know how long the limitation period is for the parallel state anti-discrimination law.) However, based on your posts, approximately 180 days or more have already apparently elapsed. Comparatively very little time remains to file her charge timely.

The limitations period is extremely short. Fortunately, going to the EEOC or FEPA and filing a discrimination charge is relatively easy. Your fiancée should do so as soon as possible to assure that the applicable limitation period does not expire.

With that said, I do not know whether your fiancée will ultimately prevail or not. The 25lb lifting restriction may be a pretext for pregnancy and/or other gender discrimination. However, if she does not file timely, she has virtually no chance of ever obtaining any relief here.

BTW, did your fiancée apply for unemployment benefits? If so, what explanation did her former employer give for her discharge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">