• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for Credit Card "Abuse"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed At-Will

Update...to Credit Card Abuse/Integrity/Unemployment

Texas

I was recently fired for integrity issues. The reason was for a business trip I was on that I charged a few personal items to the room such as a movie rental and a few room service items that I planned to pay for upon my return from the 4 -day trip. The CEO was at the conference and stated that she did not see me very much at the events but she was on the board of directors of the conference and there were a few thousand people there. I saw her many times from a distance and I was there the whole time. In my opinion, and from what they told Unemployment, it seems that her not seeing me at the conference bothered her and it seemed that she thought I shouldn't have been able to go. The fact is that I was there and it is a he said, she said thing.I was only with them 8 months and this was my first big trip where you had to charge all expenses to the room. Upon my return, I went to my boss and told him I'd like to go over the bill with him and take care of anything he thought I should as a learning experience for the future trips when the final one arrives and he said sure. A week later him and the CEO asked me where I was during the conference and I was surprised and insisted that I was there each day. I can tell that they didn't believe me. The bill came a month later, he asked me for an email as to which expenses I thought I should pay for, he replied that he agreed, and then I was let go the next day because "this just wasn't working out and it's not an appropriate fit."

Now they are telling unemployment about the credit card charges. Unemployment thinks it was an integrity issue and is issuing my determination letter on Monday.

Just trying to get an idea as to everyone's opinion as to whether I will receive unemployment.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">