• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for using the internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

in your first post, you were asking about a firing due to the rules infraction. That was, and still is not an actionable firing.

Now, you claim that your firing was due to a disability and your need for accomodations to assist you. As Mo posted, how would a 1 hour schedule change aid you?

Unless your attacks were exactly at the same time each time, the 1 hour would serve no purpose. You state most were in the evening. As an argument point, lets say they were at 6 pm. So, if the one hour helps for a 6 pm attack, it obviously would not be needed should the attack be at 5 pm, or even earlier.

If the attack were at 7 pm or later, an hour would not be enough time to give aid.

So, explain how that standard hour change is going to help.

sunnygigglegirl Oh ya - he deleted my time punches for the last time I stayed late to make up the hour missed for a doctors appointment.
Oh ya, unless you can unilateraly alter your schedule, you were not in a position to take this on yourself. If you were, then file with the DOL of your state.

You may have a case but you also have some problems of your own making to overcome as well.

moburkes

Changing the time card punches doesn't hurt OP, since OP is on salary - regardless of the # of hours worked, the pay is the same. Was it right? No. Was OP fired because of the time clock changes? No.

sunnygigglegirl

It would allow me to go to my appoinments and give my medications time to work so I can go to work in a good medical state. I know he dosen't have to change my schedule - but why woldn't he based on him allowing others to change theirs?

moburkes

It would allow me to go to my appoinments and give my medications time to work so I can go to work in a good medical state. I know he dosen't have to change my schedule - but why woldn't he based on him allowing others to change theirs?
Maybe they've been there longer, maybe they've been there on time more often. Missing 10 days of work in less than a year is a LOT of accomodation.

justalayman

I showed how the 1 hour accomodation would help in only the most limited of circumstances. Unless the attacks were at exactly the same time, that one hour would not help or it would not be needed.

Make your appointments for after your work hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">