• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired from Union job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buddy8900

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was fired from a union job for reasons that were clearly a violation of the union contract. Unfortunatly I was not with the company long enough for the union to take it to arbitration (even though the contract covers you from day 1). The head of my union said for me to pursue the matter through the courts because I am entitled to all back pay and to return to work. My question is, is it possible to file this on my own, and if so how? I've contacted two attorneys and while they have both agreed that it's pretty open and shut, the fees they were requiring were high. If I can't file on my own, is it possible to find an attorney willing to hold fees until judgement? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">