• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing a food handler for being sick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antigone*

:eek: EE come on, did you not have your coffee this morning? Isis was clearly joking.

...Now if she starts bagging on Costa Ricans, well then I think I might just have to tell my friend to put up her dukes!!!;)

proud_parent

Well, now you've REALLY gone and done it. :p:D
And then there was the time that a CBC broadcaster held a contest to find the Canadian equivalent of "As American as apple pie" -- with the winning submission being "As Canadian as possible, under the circumstances"... :p

Proserpina

A guide to certain FA emoticons:

:eek: = Oh snap, I made a booboo

:p = I'm teasing, don't kill me or sign me up for bizarre websites please

:eek: = Oh no she dint!/Brain bleach please/Srsly?!

;) = Smirk/snark/snicker/twitter/it's an inside joke

:D = Bwahahahaha

:rolleyes: = I need rum pudding

There. Are we all on the same page now?

Silverplum

Intensely perfect!

;)

*runs back to kitchen to stir large batch of Friendly Friday Rum Pudding, enough for everyone!*

eerelations

Given that this is the first time that I - and several other people at the office here - have been advised that :p meant anything other than "Nyah nyah you creep!" - I think my annoyance might be somewhat understandable.

Antigone*

Given that this is the first time that I - and several other people at the office here - have been advised that :p meant anything other than "Nyah nyah you creep!" - I think my annoyance might be somewhat understandable.
So now maybe you can use this one :eek: and blow Isis a kiss;)

>Charlotte<

Lurker
What's with all the fuss? Don't y'all share a queen or something? Have a scone and some tea and make fun of Quebec, or whatever.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
:eek: :eek: :eek: says the Canadian Brit currently living in Boston.

(Isis - I wasn't offended. Though DC was right on the line there....;))

eerelations

I'm not annoyed anymore but I will admit to being somewhat perplexed at reading all your apparently "lighthearted" and "friendly" comments about Canada and Canadians. What if I said things like:

Darn americans can't read!*
My husband's american** and I've put up with that for a long time but I'm not going to anymore.
Americans are just too bloody rude!
The only thing the US is good for is to be a big park...not only that but it's OUR park hahaha!

Would you tell me that no one here would be the least little bit offended or annoyed at these and similar comments? Especially if I made them almost every single time one of you brought up the fact that you're American?

*Or how 'bout "darn african-americans can't read"? I can think of many - thousands, millions! - of African-Americans who would find this remark to be terribly offensive, no matter how many smileys you decorated it with. Why would this remark be any less offensive to Canadians?

**He really isn't, thank god!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">