• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Do I have to bring my daughter to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbosgraaf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

my 16 y.o has been having some major issues, and my mom is believing every word she says, so she filed for temporary custody, they filed a paper asking that my daughter be able to talk to the judge, do I have to bring my daughter to court, the reason i ask is that she is very wishy washy and she tells us one thing but then gets scared at what grandma thinks and does not want to admit to the lies, so do i have to bring her or is it my choice?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

my 16 y.o has been having some major issues, and my mom is believing every word she says, so she filed for temporary custody, they filed a paper asking that my daughter be able to talk to the judge, do I have to bring my daughter to court, the reason i ask is that she is very wishy washy and she tells us one thing but then gets scared at what grandma thinks and does not want to admit to the lies, so do i have to bring her or is it my choice?
Since March 9th you have started 5 threads that are all related to the current problems that you are having with your daughter and your parents. Each time you ask your questions without really referring to the overall situation...which means you are not getting as good of advice as you would receive otherwise.

Before I attempt to answer you regarding this latest question, I need to know the following:

Is your child back living with you?
Did you straighten out the issue of your daughter's social security? Are you back to being the rep payee?
What is the status of your housing situation?

pbosgraaf

wow, glad you asked

Since March 9th you have started 5 threads that are all related to the current problems that you are having with your daughter and your parents. Each time you ask your questions without really referring to the overall situation...which means you are not getting as good of advice as you would receive otherwise.

Before I attempt to answer you regarding this latest question, I need to know the following:

Is your child back living with you?
Did you straighten out the issue of your daughter's social security? Are you back to being the rep payee?
My Daughter ran away, we got her back about 30 days ago, I put her in a residential behavorial program, the insurance refused to keep paying for it after about 30 days, I am going to SSA tomorrow and my daughter seems to be ok with going with me to SSA and tell them that she lives with me again, my moms lawyer sent me an email that she would hold off on the "eviction" which is really a silly ejection that i responded to recently and would let us stay here rent free until june when the kids are out of school, yes I have 2 othewr kids here that my mom seems to not care about at all

so yes she just came back yesterday and she has acted pretty normal, but is it an act I dont know, my daughter has some very serious behavorial issues, she s sitting about 2 feet from me watching criminal minds, but she has physically gotten ill in front of a police officer because she has said how "afraid" she is from me

social security i am going to tomorrow and hopefuly get that straightened out, i dont know why it would not, i have paid for all of my childs expenses for 5 years, and starting last august when it was available to me i got insurance which i pay 540.00 a month for, i know owe about 4000 dollars for the treatment she just got, i have done nothing but take care of my children

and like i said to the housing situation, about 10 days after i posted here my moms lawyer said we could stay here until june when the kids get out of school

we have a court date on the 16th, I am going to asjk my daughter what she wants to do here very soon about fgoing to court thats why i asked this questions, if she just wants to avoid the whole situation and ii do nto have to take her to court then i will not, but if she still wants to say she wants to live with her 81 y/o grandma, i will gladly let her say her peace i have nothing to hide

Just Blue

My Daughter ran away, we got her back about 30 days ago, I put her in a residential behavorial program, the insurance refused to keep paying for it after about 30 days, I am going to SSA tomorrow and my daughter seems to be ok with going with me to SSA and tell them that she lives with me again, my moms lawyer sent me an email that she would hold off on the "eviction" which is really a silly ejection that i responded to recently and would let us stay here rent free until june when the kids are out of school, yes I have 2 othewr kids here that my mom seems to not care about at all

so yes she just came back yesterday and she has acted pretty normal, but is it an act I dont know, my daughter has some very serious behavorial issues, she s sitting about 2 feet from me watching criminal minds, but she has physically gotten ill in front of a police officer because she has said how "afraid" she is from me

social security i am going to tomorrow and hopefuly get that straightened out, i dont know why it would not, i have paid for all of my childs expenses for 5 years, and starting last august when it was available to me i got insurance which i pay 540.00 a month for, i know owe about 4000 dollars for the treatment she just got, i have done nothing but take care of my children

and like i said to the housing situation, about 10 days after i posted here my moms lawyer said we could stay here until june when the kids get out of school

we have a court date on the 16th, I am going to asjk my daughter what she wants to do here very soon about fgoing to court thats why i asked this questions, if she just wants to avoid the whole situation and ii do nto have to take her to court then i will not, but if she still wants to say she wants to live with her 81 y/o grandma, i will gladly let her say her peace i have nothing to hide
Huh????? Could you please edit the ^ w/o typo's? Just so the members are VERY CLEAR on your meaning, Thanks!!:)

pbosgraaf

Is your child back living with you?---yes
ummm i guess you need to scroll up a little bit and read the original, but here are the straight answers

s your child back living with you?---yes
Did you straighten out the issue of your daughter's social security? i am doing that monday, she just came back from 30 day residential treatment for behavior issues--they keep saying they want to talk to my daughter, so she is coming without any denials now
Are you back to being the rep payee? monday
What is the status of your housing situation?my mom now says i can live here until june

court date on custody is 4/16

my like could be a lifetime movie, if you search my posts you will see all the stuff my 81 year old mother has done to me over my 16 yo daughter who i put on restriction in november and caused my and the rest of my families life go crazy

if you would like some proof i will gladly provide

the only thing my mom should have control over is this house because she bought it for us, the social security she took my daughter and they totally believed a bunch of bad stuff about me (cps has been out 3 times since november, twice in FEB with no indications found, they are like my friends now)

wow i really cant type and i do tech support for5 a living and constantly have to write notes

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
wow i really cant type and i do tech support for5 a living and constantly have to write notes
I know this is off the topic of the thread...but I would suggest that you take a keyboarding class if you can't type and your career is in a field that is strongly tied to typing.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I know this is off the topic of the thread...but I would suggest that you take a keyboarding class if you can't type and your career is in a field that is strongly tied to typing.
Or at least get a program with instructions and drills. The better ones aren't free, but there are decent inexpensive ones out there.

Additionally, you'd be doing your children a service to get a child-friendly typing program, if they are using the computer for homework.

LdiJ

ummm i guess you need to scroll up a little bit and read the original, but here are the straight answers

s your child back living with you?---yes
Did you straighten out the issue of your daughter's social security? i am doing that monday, she just came back from 30 day residential treatment for behavior issues--they keep saying they want to talk to my daughter, so she is coming without any denials now
Are you back to being the rep payee? monday
What is the status of your housing situation?my mom now says i can live here until june

court date on custody is 4/16

my like could be a lifetime movie, if you search my posts you will see all the stuff my 81 year old mother has done to me over my 16 yo daughter who i put on restriction in november and caused my and the rest of my families life go crazy

if you would like some proof i will gladly provide

the only thing my mom should have control over is this house because she bought it for us, the social security she took my daughter and they totally believed a bunch of bad stuff about me (cps has been out 3 times since november, twice in FEB with no indications found, they are like my friends now)

If the judge says that you have to bring your daughter to court, then you have to bring your daughter to court. How does your 81 year old mother think that she can handle a troubled 16 year old?

You have never really said what kind of "troubled" your daughter is or what kind of song and dance she gave your mother (and apparently CPS) to cause all of the grief in the first place...however, again, its only your choice whether or not to take her to court up until the point where a judge says that you must.

pbosgraaf

If the judge says that you have to bring your daughter to court, then you have to bring your daughter to court. How does your 81 year old mother think that she can handle a troubled 16 year old?

You have never really said what kind of "troubled" your daughter is or what kind of song and dance she gave your mother (and apparently CPS) to cause all of the grief in the first place...however, again, its only your choice whether or not to take her to court up until the point where a judge says that you must.
She has behavioral issues, the judge has not said that she has to come to court the other lawyer filed a document to have the child talk to the judge in his chambers, so since only that paper has been filed does she have to go?

also another question, i denied going to mediation because i did not want to pay for it, (and i did not see any need for it)so the lawyer filed a motion for me to pay additional attorneys costs because of it, my mom filed as indigent, but she owns the house i live in outright, 65000 and the one her and my dad live in 150,000, do i need to file some kind of response to that motion? I really have no money to pay for anything, i pay for the insurance for my daughter and i am now in the hole for another 4000 for the facility she was just in

Last edited:

pbosgraaf

sorry ldij, i seem to have used up all of you private message space so here are the other answers to the questions you asked, if they are still nmto specific enough I dont think I have the answer this is all I know.

ok I get it now, so for your questions what specifically did my daughter tell my mother

That I yelled at her the CPS reports say that i was physically and mentally abusive, and that I am on drugs--thats about as specific as I can be

what has my daughter been doing--Very disrespectful to her stepmother and me (used to only be stepmother but now her anger cant hold back on me either) being a bully to her 2 younger sisters an having sex with her boyfriend, those are the things she got put on restriction for that started her going to my mothers house and telling her I was yelling and abusive, which I did yell but was never abusive, I have never even spanked any of my daughters (I have 4)

So i would like to tell you my defense if that is ok, or if your tired of me i understand.

I have represented myself in court for these same 2 kids, I won as much as I could without being able to prove the abuse that was going on, UI am very good at catching people I know in lies. Lies are all that they are able to say because i am not abusive and have done nothing but care for my kids

so my defense is the CPS reports (3 in 6 mos) all closed with no indications, my mom took her out of counseling when she had her those couple of weeks, I put her in a residential program when I got her back, I have been paying for very expensive insurance since august for her (which helped her get into the residential program), we have a counselor that comes to the house for Meghan once a week that CPS said we should do (not have to but should for her sake) and her grades have always been A's and B's maybe a C every once in a while until she started wanting to go to my moms so much, now she has 2 F's

Basicallly she wants to go to my moms all the time because she can get away with murder, she cant at my house (ie sex and drugs, she said she smoked weed once and hated it) my mom was suppose to be helping discipline but she lied about that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">