• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flat8up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalBeagle

Not sure why you closed the thread.. but,

I totally disagree with private DNA testing in the instance you have described. Not only from a legal point of view but also morally. You need to know whether you can take any action before you even think about this. I do not know OK law but generally, if the child was born into the marriage then hubby would only have up to 2 years to contest. Since a divorce has occured and he accepted this child, then from the legal stand point, he is the father and there is probably nothing he can do about it.

My response to the other user was based on them not being part of the marriage.

As to the licence being revoked, she can not just do it. A hearing has to take place and be ordered... unless the Gestapo get involved and then anything can happen. Generally not for an arrears of only 1000.

F

flat8up

I didn't know I closed the post (wouldn't know how if I wanted to!I appriciate your honesty and assistance. It definately is a moral issue around our house, but with the decrease in pay, with no decrease in cs, things are getting tight, and we are looking for different options to consider. I understand these children are his prior and first obligation, but something needs to change.

I assumed that about the license, but wanted some reassurance, thank you again. My fiance operates a crane, and if the license goes, so does his job. I hope the gestapo don't need to get involved (unless we do the hiring!) ;)

I know there are millions of horror stories regarding ex's, but I believe we have one that would be in the running for the top 10 worst. We come home to a minimum of 5 nasty phone calls/messages per day, AT LEAST! (11 just last night). After reviewing several other posts on related subjects, we have decided to start recording these ugly confrontations. It had always been a thought in the back of our minds, but have now realized it needs to be done, if any further court action comes about. I wish everyone luck with ex dilemas, and keep your fingers crossed for us! -MS

LegalBeagle

You can keep and use the recorded messages on the answer ohone/voice mail, but in order to record telephone conversations in FL, you will need to make her aware at the beginning of the call. FL is an All Party State.. and I don't mean the type that results on wearing Katherine Harris' face masks and getting blind drunk.

F

flat8up

Thanks Legal... I can always count on you for a good laugh! So, as far as the answering machine, she obviously knows she's being recorded, therefore I need to do nothing further, but concerning phone conversations... do I need to let her know at the begining of every phone call that she is being recorded? Or would I be safe if I stated in our first recorded conversation something to effect of "as of (date), any and all phone conversations we have are being recorded".

LegalBeagle

flat8up said:
Thanks Legal... I can always count on you for a good laugh! So, as far as the answering machine, she obviously knows she's being recorded, therefore I need to do nothing further, but concerning phone conversations... do I need to let her know at the begining of every phone call that she is being recorded? Or would I be safe if I stated in our first recorded conversation something to effect of "as of (date), any and all phone conversations we have are being recorded".
You do not need to do anything with regards to the answering machine.

You let her know every call. To be sure of being admitted, the tape must be started before you answer the call. The answer 'click' should be heared and then before any real conversation starts (ie, you can say hello etc) you must inform the other person it is being recorded. The ending click should also be heard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">