• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA & temp disability ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New York

I am due to go out on maternity leave on or around 10/2/06. I've only held this part time position since February of this year. Does the FMLA apply to me? Am I entitled to temporary disability while I'm out?

I tried looking on New York's website and it appears I would have needed to be employed for a full year for these to apply? Is this correct?

Thanks,
Christina

moburkes

teenie1975 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I am due to go out on maternity leave on or around 10/2/06. I've only held this part time position since February of this year. Does the FMLA apply to me? Am I entitled to temporary disability while I'm out?

I tried looking on New York's website and it appears I would have needed to be employed for a full year for these to apply? Is this correct?

Thanks,
Christina
Yes, the information is correct. FMLA does NOT apply to you.

Beth3

I am due to go out on maternity leave on or around 10/2/06. I've only held this part time position since February of this year. Does the FMLA apply to me? No. Which means your employer doesn't have to offer you any maternity leave at all.

Am I entitled to temporary disability while I'm out? That's something you need to disciuss witn your employer.

I tried looking on New York's website and it appears I would have needed to be employed for a full year for these to apply? Is this correct? Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">