• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Follow-On Class Action to an Individual Suit = Double Jeopardy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

After sitting on dueling motions for summary judgment for nearly 1 1/2 years, the judge granted summary judgment to the defendants against my surviving claims and closed the case.

Is there any requirement that I first file a motion for reconsideration at the district-court level, or can I go directly to the appellate court with an appeal, after first filing the notice of appeal in district court within 30 days of the entry of judgment?
You can refer to the links provided to you earlier to see how to proceed.

quincy

Which links are those? I don't recall any, so can you please link to the webpage(s) providing them?
You can read through all of the posts in all of your various and assorted threads to find the links. I just know that you have been provided this information before. Good luck.

Paul84

You can read through all of the posts in all of your various and assorted threads to find the links. I just know that you have been provided this information before. Good luck.
I see that for this Forum, one can put another user on a "Ignore List". How does that work--will the named user not be able to see my posts (which is what I want), or will I not see the named user's posts?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I see that for this Forum, one can put another user on a "Ignore List". How does that work--will the named user not be able to see my posts (which is what I want), or will I not see the named user's posts?
Neither, really.

quincy

So it just means the person won't be able to send me private messages?
No. It just means that the one ignored will not see your posts when they are logged in and you will not see their posts when you are logged in. But posts can still be read by both.

If you are wanting to ignore MY posts, by the way, you will probably have to rescind the friend request first.

Paul84

No. It just means that the one ignored will not see your posts when they are logged in and you will not see their posts when you are logged in. But posts can still be read by both.

If you are wanting to ignore MY posts, by the way, you will probably have to rescind the friend request first.
No, actually I'd like YOU not to see my posts, to stop the trolling of unhelpful responses pre-empting those of others. That friend request was years ago when you were still helpful. Not sure why you changed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, actually I'd like YOU not to see my posts, to stop the trolling of unhelpful responses pre-empting those of others. That friend request was years ago when you were still helpful. Not sure why you changed.
I may have said this before, but I'm not going to read through all of your posts. Just because you don't like what you are told doesn't mean it's not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">