• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

for scoobet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lkc15507

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NA

scoobet:

Well, first off, I will apologize for being a little testy in my last post to your thread. History repeats itself. I think most valuable of all is that you are having professionals review the chart. I have said (hopefully not unkindly) that your reading of the chart is like my reading a brief on war crimes or something. We know what we know and are familiar with that which we are familiar.

I want to say thanks to BoxCarBill as well. KUDOS Bill! Excellent story. Our elderly / less desirables seem not to count for much in our society. It is time that changes. What a valuable resourse our elderly are. They ARE our history.

Scoobet:

Hopefully, you will be able to eventually convice a group of fine citizens that your father's care sucked. From what you have posted for us, the surgery was questionable. The size of the aneurysm being central to some discussion. Again, as I have said, I avoid that point. Testing for the size of the aneurysm could be subject to interpretation of the diagnostics and the change in size (or lack of) to me seems to be one of the weaker points you have. But, informed consent can be and has been successfully challenged. For example: I could tell LNC that she needs a frontal lobotomy and give many reasons. Yet, I would be wrong. (Not to mention that the one who already performed that procedure should have his / her licence revoked.) OK, ok, sorry. I realize she contributed a bit of useful information.

You have mentioned the pulmonary factor and some interesting things regarding that have come up. LNC makes a valid point as to whether or not this was considered in your father's pre-surgery workup. All I can say is that pre-existing pulmonary problems are all the more reason to prevent an aspiration incident. I am on a soap-box, yes. The PFT's report you quoted unfortunately does not give enough info even yet. At this point, I have to say this too. Emphysema is COPD. COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) includes the following disorders: chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma (the major culprits). Keep that in mind as you read the records.

Any and all professionals can be held accountable for their actions regarding your fathers care. I will reiterate this: Although sometimes some of the things you describe can happen regardless of care, bedsores and aspiration are PREVENTABLE. (If the dad-gum nursing staff cares enough to prevent them.) Diarys are sooooo important. They can and do dispute improper charting.

(By ladyc4)

**I find the current trend among a fair amount (not all thank Heaven)
of businesses and professions, to consider anything they don't get caught at as legal,disturbing to say the least! And the only way to even begin to stem that trend is for people to question things that don't seem to make sense-and sometimes even things that do!

My gosh, how I wish you were wrong. Unfortunately I agree wholeheartedly. Again, read my advice regarding making ones wishes for terminal care known.

BEST to you, scoobet. God Bless America and her Troops!

lkc15507

Last edited:

S

scoobet

I will update everyone as to what happens. I haven't been feeling well (my head/jaw pain has been bad) so the appt with the attorney has been pushed back to the end of April. Didn't want to leave everyone wondering so I am posting this message.

lkc15507

scoobet:

I am sincerely sorry that you have problems of your own. I apologize again that my angst against others has been a problem. I hope hope only the best for you.

lkc15507

S

scoobet

Hi lkc15507,
No need to apologize I do believe that everyone on this forum has experienced a problem with others at one time or another.

I am just coming off a 12 day headache - it broke 2 days ago. Today I went to the attorney and they will review everything and get back to me. They did give me a list of places to write to so that I can voice my complaints. I will check into that soon. I will start to compose letters in a few days. Busy with my doctor appts at the moment.

I will come back to the board when I receive news about the
case. They did tell me it will take a few weeks.

Stay well

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">