• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Transfer to a new position because of cut hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jubes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I have worked for the same company for almost 6 years in February I got a position in the Pharmacy, today they pulled me into the office and I was told that due to hours being cut in the Pharmacy they can no longer have me there and they are "offering" me a full time position on the floor with the same pay.

My problem is that the hours worked good in the pharmacy for daycare and they can't promise me the same working time as that of the pharmacy, they haven't given me any other options, do I have any other options? They can't just fire me can they if I don't want to take that job?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I have worked for the same company for almost 6 years in February I got a position in the Pharmacy, today they pulled me into the office and I was told that due to hours being cut in the Pharmacy they can no longer have me there and they are "offering" me a full time position on the floor with the same pay.

My problem is that the hours worked good in the pharmacy for daycare and they can't promise me the same working time as that of the pharmacy, they haven't given me any other options, do I have any other options? They can't just fire me can they if I don't want to take that job?
Take the alternate position or loose your job altogether.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can fire you if you don't want the job.

Unless the employer chooses to give you additional options, the only ones you have are to take the job or look for other employment that will give you the hours you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">