• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery by husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I have my own and so do other newbies AND I think they count too. Why do you think we shouldn't?

What are the rules, where are they, who exactly is breaking them, and how?

Is writing in caps breaking the rules? Someone who posted a set of rules did that to me, breaking her own rule! But I guess because they are an attorney they can. Is that what they teach in law school? If someone makes up rules and then doesn't follow them, no one else will either.

Are you paid to be here? No one has answered that when I've asked.
No one is paid to be here, all of us are volunteers.

The official TOS (Terms of Service) are the official rules and violating them will get you kicked off.

Giving consistantly incorrect (particularly if its blatant) legal advice will also get you either temporarily banned or kicked off.

Arguing/debating with senior members will not get you kicked off unless you are profane or super nasty about it.

Watch what advice you give other newbies because it matters whether or not the advice is accurate for their state. What is accurate for your state may be completely inaccurate for someone else's state.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No one is paid to be here, all of us are volunteers.

The official TOS (Terms of Service) are the official rules and violating them will get you kicked off.

Giving consistantly incorrect (particularly if its blatant) legal advice will also get you either temporarily banned or kicked off.

Arguing/debating with senior members will not get you kicked off unless you are profane or super nasty about it.

Watch what advice you give other newbies because it matters whether or not the advice is accurate for their state. What is accurate for your state may be completely inaccurate for someone else's state.
His posts have been blatantly incorrect and irrelevant. Please read his past history. He has been warned several times to quit posting his stupidity. It hasn't happened yet. Instead he has upped the posts and the inanity of them.

abys32

I had a similar situation. My car was traded-in. My ex is a notary, but I really don't know how she did it without my signature. How long do you have to file? Does it matter that you are married? I thought that it is different if you file against a spouse vs a stranger.

Also, I didn't like the idea of filing criminal charges against the person who is raising my child because it can't be good for the child.
Just as an example, don't you think the original poster here could have also benefitted from answers to my questions? I do not expect you to agree necessarily, just an appropriate answer!

Off topic answers were #3, #4, #7, #10 and forward. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">