• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenandgold

What is the name of your state? SD

I need to know what charges, if any, I could face for forgery.

About a year ago, my husbands ex wife, who lives in MT, kept calling and emailing me about visitation issues with their daughter. I told her not to contact me and that I wasn't a message service. Finally I sent her a letter informing her exactly when my husband could be reached and to not call me or email me any more or I would file a harrasment order against her. Then her husband started calling me ~ since his name was not on the letter I sent. I was so fed up with their BS, I decided to exact a little revenge. I went to the library and collected dozens of subscription cards out of the magazine rack. I filled them all out with her name and address and mailed them. One of them required a signature, so I wrote in her name.

Yesterday, during one of their many visition disputes, she said that she had documentation that I had committed forgery and all she needed was a hand writing sample. She is using this as blackmail against my husband for visitation.

I know forgery is a felony, but I really wasn't trying to defraud her...just annoy her.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You did defraud her. You also defrauded all of the magazine companies that sent her magazines on your say so. You also forged her signature. You also committed harassment. Your excuse that she harrassed you is not a defense.
YOu will have to give the handwriting sample and the rest will be up to the court. Look for it to cost you money for the immature prank (aka crime) you committed.

racer72

Gas needed to drive to library: $5.00

Value of time to collect subscription cards and fill them out: $20.00

Having a felony arrest conviction on your record the rest of your life: priceless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">