• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Employer Owes Me Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n8lanny

TEXAS

If a former employer owes me money, can I file that in small claims court? I was offered a sales position in an industry I have been in for 6 years. The job had an $800/week guarantee plus $120/week gas/vehicle reimbursement. This company had a different approach to prospecting than I have ever done and received no training at all and was let go after 4 1/2 days. The company is based in N. Kansas City, MO. The branch manager here in Dallas, TX promised me a full week of pay and said there was nothing he could do about the termination. He told me in a text message I would be mailed a check, but here it is almost a month later and nothing. I spoke with the payroll department this week and they know nothing of the matter and now nobody will return any calls.

swalsh411

Sure you can sue. Your chances of success however are another matter. What do you have in writing that guaruntees this pay?

HomeGuru

TEXAS

If a former employer owes me money, can I file that in small claims court? I was offered a sales position in an industry I have been in for 6 years. The job had an $800/week guarantee plus $120/week gas/vehicle reimbursement. This company had a different approach to prospecting than I have ever done and received no training at all and was let go after 4 1/2 days. The company is based in N. Kansas City, MO. The branch manager here in Dallas, TX promised me a full week of pay and said there was nothing he could do about the termination. He told me in a text message I would be mailed a check, but here it is almost a month later and nothing. I spoke with the payroll department this week and they know nothing of the matter and now nobody will return any calls.
**A: were you a W-2 employee? If so file a complaint with your state dol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">