• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forms were Forged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beamsaber

What is the name of your state? California.

Today we got our paperwork from Escrow with all of the supposed disclosures.

The last five pages of the packet contained an inspection report of the property with notations that dryrot/molding had been found on a porch support beam, and that severe leaking had been found on the sink in the garage. The paperwork shows that the work to fix these problems had been completed, and it has. There is a brand new sink in the garage and a brand new cedar pole supporting the porch.

The trouble is that both my and my wife's signatures are on this report and were obviously forged.

Both signatures are at an angle and yet look as if they were signed on a signature line. Both signatures have suspicious white areas where the signature line would have been. Both signatures are also unique in a different way, neither is our ordinary signature.

When we signed the escrow paperwork we were called back to re-sign it because we signed with our normal signatures, which do not match the printed names under the signature lines.

We resigned, only the loan paperwork, using our full names, including our middle initials.

The inspection shows the signatures that we signed on our loan paperwork.

I believe the seller's agent either using photoshop or by cutting out our signatures and placing them with the document on a fax machine, forged our signatures on the inspection.

What is our legal recourse? We still want to keep the house, but we feel that this is very -very- shady of the seller's agent to do.

Please Advise,
Thanks

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? California.

Today we got our paperwork from Escrow with all of the supposed disclosures.

The last five pages of the packet contained an inspection report of the property with notations that dryrot/molding had been found on a porch support beam, and that severe leaking had been found on the sink in the garage. The paperwork shows that the work to fix these problems had been completed, and it has. There is a brand new sink in the garage and a brand new cedar pole supporting the porch.

The trouble is that both my and my wife's signatures are on this report and were obviously forged.

Both signatures are at an angle and yet look as if they were signed on a signature line. Both signatures have suspicious white areas where the signature line would have been. Both signatures are also unique in a different way, neither is our ordinary signature.

When we signed the escrow paperwork we were called back to re-sign it because we signed with our normal signatures, which do not match the printed names under the signature lines.

We resigned, only the loan paperwork, using our full names, including our middle initials.

The inspection shows the signatures that we signed on our loan paperwork.

I believe the seller's agent either using photoshop or by cutting out our signatures and placing them with the document on a fax machine, forged our signatures on the inspection.

What is our legal recourse? We still want to keep the house, but we feel that this is very -very- shady of the seller's agent to do.

Please Advise,
Thanks
**A: who forged the forms and where is your real estate agent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">