• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found a Wallet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Folks, we have here a candidate for the tinfoil hat society. Either that or the most amoral person I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I'll be kind and assume it's the former.

pattytx

It's not a cut and dry situation...I think that the owner of the found certificates by surreptitiously leaving his certificates behind in the taxi, capriciously and maliciously forced a less fortunate new york city taxi driver into an unsolvable moral dilemma in order to flaunt his massive wealth in the name of vanity.
Oh, puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

tammy8

Off topic and nothing to do with this legally but still an interesting holiday season story (in my mind anyway;))

Let me tell you about karma. I got a notice after 35 years of checking out library books that I had a *damaged* book and had to pay $32 PLUS a $7 fee on a brand new book (I do admit to reading it while taking a bath and getting water on some of the pages).

I replaced it today and came home to find a bag of Christmas gifts along with my coupon binder (yeah I am a coupon junkie) to find a puzzle book I must have picked up while with my other coupon junk while checking out. I didn't pay for this $3 magazine, but ended up paying almost 10X in another case.

BTW I called and offered to pay the story but they declined.....

PQN

Of course, if the real owner bought those gift cards with a credit card, he may have already called the stores and had them cancel the value on the cards and OP could be holding a bunch of worthless gc that have been reported stolen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">