• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

found guilty of running FOUR consecutive red lights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

seniorjudge said:
I suspect alcohol (or other drugs) was involved.
And from your recent posts to the forum.... I 'suspect' you have been smoking the 'wacky tobaccy' or are off your meds!! :D

athom

JETX said:
Care to enlighten us on your apparent claim on how charges can be DISMISSED after a conviction???
when i was a minor i had a couple speeding tickets and payed them. months later i learned myt license was suspended! i should've fought the tickets. i went to the public safety building and filed for a 'motion of reconsideration' and got those speeding tickets changed to non moving violations in court and my license was reinstated early. the whole situation took 2 months, but that was short compared to the 6 months i could've faced. i really needed my car at the time. lived long ways from work and i guess the judge and prosecuting attorney felt for me....and of course i did pay a little bit more (maybe 50-80$) plus a small court cost....

JETX

athom said:
when i was a minor i had a couple speeding tickets and payed them. months later i learned myt license was suspended! i should've fought the tickets. i went to the public safety building and filed for a 'motion of reconsideration' and got those speeding tickets changed to non moving violations in court and my license was reinstated early. the whole situation took 2 months, but that was short compared to the 6 months i could've faced. i really needed my car at the time. lived long ways from work and i guess the judge and prosecuting attorney felt for me....and of course i did pay a little bit more (maybe 50-80$) plus a small court cost....
Wonderful story. Care to enlighten us on how it has ANY relevance to this thread. :eek:

seniorjudge

athom said:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1202978#post1202978

Here is another example of how a charge can be dismissed after a conviction.

JETX

seniorjudge said:
Here is another example of how a charge can be dismissed after a conviction.
First, how is this 'another'.... there hasn't been a FIRST one!!

Second, a 'set aside' of a conviction, though unusual, is NOT a dismissal AFTER conviction.

dismissal
n. 1) the act of voluntarily terminating a criminal prosecution or a lawsuit or one of its causes of action by one of the parties. 2) a judge's ruling that a lawsuit or criminal charge is terminated. 3) an appeals court's act of dismissing an appeal, letting the lower court decision stand. 4) the act of a plaintiff dismissing a lawsuit upon settling the case. Such a dismissal may be dismissal with prejudice, meaning it can never be filed again, or dismissal without prejudice, leaving open the possibility of bringing the suit again if the defendant does not follow through on the terms of the settlement.

set aside
v. to annul or negate a court order or judgment by another court order.

So, we are STILL waiting for your providing any support for your GUESS when you said that 'sukharev's statement of "there is no such thing as dismissing after the fact..." was "100% wrong".

'sukharev' was correct... and YOU are 100% wrong. There is NO SUCH THING AS DISMISSING AFTER THE FACT!!

JETX

HomeGuru said:
**A: this thread is minor.
Yes, but a supposed 'senior member' making incorrect statements is NOT.
And even more problematic... is his inability to recognize or acknowledge his error. He just keeps trying to 'spin' his error, making an even bigger fool of himself. :eek:

HomeGuru

JETX said:
Yes, but a supposed 'senior member' making incorrect statements is NOT.
And even more problematic... is his inability to recognize or acknowledge his error. He just keeps trying to 'spin' his error, making an even bigger fool of himself. :eek:

**A: you have a solid point there. If it keeps up, his senior member status will be revoked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">