• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found large sum of money, want to put in bank.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Living

• If it's mob / drug money, they're going to come looking for it.
  • If it's Fed money (DEA, FBI, etc), serial numbers have been recorded.
  • If it's my money, I want it back. Before you return it to me, please take it to the nearest bank and change out all the bills to small non-sequential bills. Preferably nothing higher than a $20.

RV9Factory

All legal and ethical aspects aside, if you want to keep it you need to launder it. Doing so is simple: Start *living* on a small portion of that money every month. Use it to buy gas or groceries or whatever. Make sure to also use your bank account to purchase those items here and there.

Since you won't be spending as much from your checking account each month, you'll have extra to move over into a savings account.

Voilà, you have deposited the money in the bank without really doing so.

Should all work out until you find out those are marked bills from a kidnapping/ransom/murder case and you end up in the middle of it.

Antigone*

All legal and ethical aspects aside, if you want to keep it you need to launder it. Doing so is simple: Start *living* on a small portion of that money every month. Use it to buy gas or groceries or whatever. Make sure to also use your bank account to purchase those items here and there.

Since you won't be spending as much from your checking account each month, you'll have extra to move over into a savings account.

Should all work out until you find out those are marked bills from a kidnapping/ransom/murder case and you end up in the middle of it.
You necropost for the first post here, and then this???:mad: What kind of idiot are you.

We only deal with legal aspects here. You cannot come onto our forum and encourage a poster to launder his money

Keep it up and you'll be shown the door.

pattytx

Of course, it also could be counterfeit.

Proserpina

You necropost for the first post here, and then this???:mad: What kind of idiot are you.

We only deal with legal aspects here. You cannot come onto our forum and encourage a poster to launder his money

In all fairness this one did seem more than a little tongue-in-cheek, and not serious advice.

(Um...we've never done that here. Never. Nope. Not us! ;) :D )

RV9Factory

I "necroposted" because someone was given legally and factually horrible advice (worth far less [maybe tens of thousands less]) than the price paid for it and my sole intent was to keep others from being misled by people pretending to know *anything* about Texas law. Are you trying to promulgate the truth or trying to salvage your ego?

As for my first post in this thread, my first few words and last sentence should speak for themselves. Your claim to be giving "legal" advice is falling on ears deafened by your reaction (above) to my first post. You aren't interested in "legal".
Have at it, Bub. If you're the owner of this forum then ban me. If not, shut your trap and the owner, after reading this thread, will do what (s)he thinks is just. As I said. not my board and in the end I really don't care.

Last edited:

tranquility

I "necroposted" because someone was given legally and factually horrible advice
Really? Um...you *started* your post with:
All legal and ethical aspects aside
So, I assume you mean your *advice* was both illegal and unethical. Correct?

if you want to keep it you need to launder it.
Yes. Both illegal and unethical.

As I read further, I see you want the OP to commit crimes and you tried to give how. What legally and/or factually horrible advice was given? My theory is that advising a person to commit crimes is both illegal and horrible. But then, that's me.

RV9Factory

Really? Um...you *started* your post with:
Quote: All legal and ethical aspects aside
Yes because I wanted to minimize distractions.

So, I assume you mean your *advice* was both illegal and unethical. Correct?
No. That would be the conclusion of a simpleton. Know any?

Me: If you want to keep it you need to launder it. Her: Yes. Both illegal and unethical.

Only Illegal if the funds are first illegally obtained. Depends on the state, but funds *must* first be illegally obtained before they can be laundered.

As I read further, I see you want the OP to commit crimes and you tried to give how.
Depends on where/how the funds were obtained and as I said, all ethical considerations aside. Not sure how that is difficult.

What legally and/or factually horrible advice was given?
Go look it up, dear. HORRIBLY wrong legal advice was given to a Texas judgment debtor on this forum. I hope the guy didn't lose his house based upon the faulty advice given here.

My theory is that advising a person to commit crimes is both illegal and horrible. But then, that's me.
I would never advise someone to commit crimes. That would be both illegal and horrible.

justalayman

Quote:
Me: If you want to keep it you need to launder it. Her: Yes. Both illegal and unethical.

Only Illegal if the funds are first illegally obtained. Depends on the state, but funds *must* first be illegally obtained before they can be laundered.
not true. and there is a federal law against intentionally limiting your deposits to avoid the reporting requirements triggered with the $10k+ deposits.
Quote:
My theory is that advising a person to commit crimes is both illegal and horrible. But then, that's me.
I would never advise someone to commit crimes. That would be both illegal and horrible.
then why did you suggest the OP in this thread commit a crime?

Proserpina

Alrighty then. So, I called it wrong.

There I was thinking it was - due to the sheer inanity of the content - a somewhat tongue-in-cheek post.

I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, folks!

justalayman

There I was thinking it was - due to the sheer inanity of the content - a somewhat tongue-in-cheek post.

I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, folks!
I though you were correct until he came back and admitted he was suggesting the OP break the law.

RV9Factory

I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, folks!
@Prosperina: Please don't be so quick. I'm more reasonable than many here, who are fast to be hostile...

RV9Factory

then why would you suggest the OP break the law by doing exactly that?
Not only did I *not* suggest that the OP do "exactly that," what I suggested was the farthest thing from it.

Structuring is staggering/splitting cash deposits that in aggregate are > 10k to avoid reporting requirements. I never suggested any such thing. Reread my post and if you still don't understand it I'll simplify it.

My post was more a "how can we get around this" mental exercise than advice. I enjoy these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">