• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladyback1

why, oh why, would you want to have a sit down meeting w/ the children (and yes, they are still children)--putting them in the middle of this big mess?

If it were me? I'd tell the boys that I would be respecting their mother's decision, as should they.

Mom has done a fine job of raising these boys without the help of your son or you--whether that was her choice, your son's (family's) choice or just the circumstances.

berdonj

Lmao, I thought I was getting advise from maybe professional. Some of you I understand what you are saying and you are sticking to my topic. Others are questioning me about me being a Teacher. Asking me what subject I teach? Hoping I don't teach English cause if I do. I am a troll? Hey, I am from Hawaii and my blood is Hawaiian. When I am in Teachers mode I am in Teachers mode. Throughout my postings in this situation, I am NOT in Teacher's mode. I am very disappointed at this particular forum. I have ask for advise before for other situation and this is the worst. I respect the Mom and I love my Grand kids. I know she is trying to protect them every which way. All I am saying is I am Teaching and the boys come to me and want to see me. If Mom hates that, then she can go right ahead and take legal action on me. I have done nothing but love these kids. Mother forgot about when her Mother kicked her out of their home and she had no place to go. Mother asks me if she can move in with us. I tell her I have to ask your Mother and I did. Her Mother said yes. I open my heart and door to my home for her to live free and eat free. I never asked her for money. I did her no harm. You people just don't understand. Yeah my son was a jerk. So, you make me look like I'm in the wrong. Mother can go head and now tell her son's to lie and tell the VP in a meeting that Grandma harasses them? That's ok to do?Cause she's the Mother? Well, then why don't she take legal action on me and do a TRO or get a Lawyer herself and show her kids how to lie your way in life. She is going to loose!!! Thanks for your wonderful so call professionalism here on my posting. Now, I see what happens when you get free advise.:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Lmao, I thought I was getting advise from maybe professional. Some of you I understand what you are saying and you are sticking to my topic. Others are questioning me about me being a Teacher. Asking me what subject I teach? Hoping I don't teach English cause if I do. I am a troll? Hey, I am from Hawaii and my blood is Hawaiian. When I am in Teachers mode I am in Teachers mode. Throughout my postings in this situation, I am NOT in Teacher's mode. I am very disappointed at this particular forum. I have ask for advise before for other situation and this is the worst. I respect the Mom and I love my Grand kids. I know she is trying to protect them every which way. All I am saying is I am Teaching and the boys come to me and want to see me. If Mom hates that, then she can go right ahead and take legal action on me. I have done nothing but love these kids. Mother forgot about when her Mother kicked her out of their home and she had no place to go. Mother asks me if she can move in with us. I tell her I have to ask your Mother and I did. Her Mother said yes. I open my heart and door to my home for her to live free and eat free. I never asked her for money. I did her no harm. You people just don't understand. Yeah my son was a jerk. So, you make me look like I'm in the wrong. Mother can go head and now tell her son's to lie and tell the VP in a meeting that Grandma harasses them? That's ok to do?Cause she's the Mother? Well, then why don't she take legal action on me and do a TRO or get a Lawyer herself and show her kids how to lie your way in life. She is going to loose!!! Thanks for your wonderful so call professionalism here on my posting. Now, I see what happens when you get free advise.:rolleyes:
You are the one WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND. Mom can actually win. Your son IS (current tense) a jerk. You are in the wrong. Pay an attorney to applaud you and take your money. Okay? I work on cases like this all the time. Your ignorance is dangerous. Lying? She very well may feel that you are harassing HER children because you have no right to see them, talk to them or know them at all. Get over yourself. You are NO ONE in this situation. You are a legal stranger.

Eekamouse

OP doesn't answer the question posed to her several times regarding why her son was in prison and for how long. I suspect it must involve something so bad that she knows we all would completely side with the children's mother's point of view.

berdonj

Oh yeah You don't seem to know what your doing or saying. You don't know that we helped raise the baby while she was young and pregnant. Who are you to say I don't know the boys nor even helped her too along the way while we took her in to live with us. Your the one who really don't know our situation and what'a
's best for the children. Then why do you think thr boys come and see me at school? I don't tell them to come see me. They come to see me. If anything if Mom doesn't want them to see me .Then she should be the one to control her kids. One of the boys told me in an open conversation he loves to get high and smoke dope. He also gets away from sneaking his girlfrien into his room at night to have sex. What now?:mad:I know more then you think is going on!!!

ecmst12

I find it unlikely that a teenage boy would confess such things to a grandmother he hasn't seen in 15 years especially if they've only talked a few times recently. I think.you are a troll. If you're not, you need to stop talking with these children until such time as they are adults if you don't want to end up on the wrong end of a restraining order.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh yeah You don't seem to know what your doing or saying. You don't know that we helped raise the baby while she was young and pregnant. Who are you to say I don't know the boys nor even helped her too along the way while we took her in to live with us. Your the one who really don't know our situation and what'a
's best for the children. Then why do you think thr boys come and see me at school? I don't tell them to come see me. They come to see me. If anything if Mom doesn't want them to see me .Then she should be the one to control her kids. One of the boys told me in an open conversation he loves to get high and smoke dope. He also gets away from sneaking his girlfrien into his room at night to have sex. What now?:mad:I know more then you think is going on!!!
Yep, I would absolutely make it my crusade to get you disciplined if you couldn't keep yourself away from my kids.

(In the past, there had been a school counselor who screwed things up with one of my older kids, then thought he could get chummy with my youngest. I'm not sure what burger joint he's working at right now...)

Eekamouse

You helped for two lousy years but where was daddy's help in the years following. Can't say I understand why you didn't try to cultivate a friendly relationship with the mother of your grand kids all these years so that you could be in their lives.

Just Blue

Well. You have surpassed me in the total stomp of proper spelling. Perhaps I should seek employment in your beautiful State as an English Sub-teacher? :rolleyes:

quincy

But, as a U.S. State. Are not TEACHERS expected to read, write and TYPE in proper English?:confused:
In a previous thread, berdonj said she was a substitute teacher.

Most states require that substitute teachers have a college degree (and most colleges require their graduates have decent communication skills). Some states have additional requirements for their substitutes.

As a substitute teacher, berdonj would not necessarily be confined to teaching in one subject area, or teaching in one school or in one school district.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii, I am a Grandmother and have two Grandson's in High
School. I substitute Teach long term and short term at this one and only HS. My Grandson's are attending the same school.
The Mother has custody of both boys, and the boys have not seen me for like from when they were 2 yrs old. Now, that
they have found out that I am their Grandma. They have been coming to visit and talk story with me. They tell me how they miss
their Dad etc. Well, The Mother doesn't want her boys to have any contact with me or the Father. I was called into the school Admin VP office
and she just wanted to inform me that the Mother called and wants the boys to not have contact with me. I told the VP I wasn't surprised
about her action and I told the VP that there is no legal paper work or TRO stating I cannot have an contact with the boys. The boys come to visit
me and I am not pursuing them. All they do is come by the classroom during recess or lunch break to say Hi Grandma. Now, the VP of the school is really nice person and she advised me to get a lawyer to see what my rights are etc.So, that there is ground for the Mother to understand that legally
it's ok for the boys to have contact with me. I have not harmed or hurt the boys in anyway. They told me they love me and I love them to matter what.
I understand how the Mother thinks and feels about her boys and trying to protect them at all times. But, to keep them from just coming
by to visit me and say Hi and spend a little time 15 minutes. What are my rights? Is it right for the school to keep me from talking to my Grandsons?
Do I have to hire a lawyer for this kind of situation? I don't plan to just take the boys off campus or do anything else but just say hi and talk story
with them during recess time. Am I doing something wrong?:confused:
Ok, let's circle back to the original question(s):

"What are my rights? Is it right for the school to keep me from talking to my Grandsons?"
You have the right to do as directed by your employer. If you refuse, you can be fired for-cause.

"Do I have to hire a lawyer for this kind of situation?"
Since you can't seem to comprehend it, perhaps.

"Am I doing something wrong?"
In my opinion, yes. You are disrespecting the legal parent of the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">