• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full-time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skibo

What is the name of your state?AZ
My wife had a full-time position, 40 hours per week and the company stated in their hand boook that 36 hours per week is full-time. A new manager came in and cut her hours to 22 hours when the manager and the other full-time employee were getting 36 to 40 hour per week. two part-timers was making more hours than her. I read your other messages about switching the schedule was legal and we do understand they can do that by the law. The manager was trying everything to have my wife leave on her own. They gave her the hardest jobs to sew because they did not have the knowledge to fit certain women with different wedding dresses. Do We have a case?

BelizeBreeze

You can have a case of the blues....
You can have a case of Dewar's...
You can have a case of the hives...
but you have no legal case at all unless you've purchased one of those nifty little aluminum briefcases with "I'm a lawyer" stenciled on the side.

Beth3

They gave her the hardest jobs to sew because they did not have the knowledge to fit certain women with different wedding dresses. Do We have a case? So they cut her hours because her skills are not as good as some of her co-workers? There's nothing illegal about that. No, she does not have a case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless she has a bona fide, enforceable contract (not an offer letter, not a copy of the employee handbook, not an e-mail from her supervisor, a CONTRACT) that guarantees her full time hours, the employer is legally entitled to cut her hours any time he chooses. No, she has no case of any kind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">