• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fundraisers for Youth Sports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swheeler

What is the name of your state? Texas

I hope this is the right forum, please forgive me if its not. My son plays for a recreational soccer league that has a mandatory fund raiser. The league also has a select program that charges anywhere from $900 to $1200 per year for training, they also have the fundraiser. The sign up cost for rec is $90 per season and the coaches are parent volunteer. I personally do not want my child marching around our kid saturated neighborhood selling cookie dough for the fundraiser. They offer a $25.00 buy out if you don't sell any cookie dough. My question is, do I have to pay the $25.00? The sign up form does say there is a mandatory fundraiser. I always thought fundraisers were voluntary like the numerous ones we have at school. Please let me know if I am leagally bound to pay the $25.00. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">