• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ga Cse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWT

stepmom&mom said:
Fortunately, your opinion doesn't count for much in the legal spectrum of things. You might be of the opinion that his wife should pay you, but she owes you nothing. This is not her debt, nor will it ever be.

P.S. Your husband is not their dad. In fact, I recommend that you be careful. If you are trying to mentally brainwash your children into disregarding their father, that could get you into legal trouble.
Excuse me and just how would this get me into lega trouble. :confused:

It could be considered PAS. If you are attempting to alienate your children from their father, if you make it really obvious, then your ex could request a change in custody.

WHWT

stepmom&mom said:
It could be considered PAS. If you are attempting to alienate your children from their father, if you make it really obvious, then your ex could request a change in custody.

Too late our youngest turns 18 in July. :p

WHWT

child support questions

stepmom&mom said:
Wow. It's kind of sad that you think it's so funny that you did this to your children. :rolleyes:
Hey, I did not come on to this board with a hidden agenda. He owes me the money. PERIOD I want to know all my alternatives to getting it. Your wrong about his wife. She bought a home with lots of property and they both drive nice vehicles so if she wants to help him then she can help give me and my two children what we are entitled.

A

absconder

Lying

Shes already said shes told her kids to lie about being in school!!!

WHWT

absconder said:
Shes already said shes told her kids to lie about being in school!!!
My ex needs to pay cs until our daughter turns 18. If I told him she was out of school then he would stop paying cs and just pay on arrears. I don't see anything wrong with getting my money. The kids have been with me and my husband for 13 years. :(

I'm sorry. I'd like you to cite the law that states that if anyone offers financial assistance to someone who owes you money (in this case, your ex) that they are, thereby, legally responsible for the debt that person owes to you. I dare you to find such an existing statute on your state law books.

No one is faulting you for wanting your ex to meet his obligation. What is wrong here is the deceitful nature by which you are attempting to collect that money. I imagine if you found out that your ex were using such methods to decrease his child support debt that you would hit the roof.

WHWT

stepmom&mom said:
No one is faulting you for wanting your ex to meet his obligation. What is wrong here is the deceitful nature by which you are attempting to collect that money. I imagine if you found out that your ex were using such methods to decrease his child support debt that you would hit the roof.
He did offer me $20,000 two years ago but I refused because I want the whole $30,000 plus monthly. I have raised the two children and my husband has been our provider so we think we are entitled to his help. If his wife can help out or I can get a lien against their property so what.

Gracie3787

WHWT said:
I want to do everything I can to hurt this guy.

This is the bottom line, - you're not really trying to collect CS for your kids, your're not really trying to simply collect CS arrears- ALL YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT IS HURTING YOUR CHILDRENS' FATHER!!

You are undoubtably one of the most OPENLY bitter, hateful, and revengeful CPs that has posted on here in a long time.

Collect the arrears payments that he is paying now, be grateful, and shut the h**l up, and let go of your extreme anger and hatred.

It won't matter if his wife can help. The court will not order her to pay his child support, nor will her income be considered. Thus, it does not matter what you want.

Gracie3787

WHWT said:
He did offer me $20,000 two years ago but I refused because I want the whole $30,000 plus monthly. I have raised the two children and my husband has been our provider so we think we are entitled to his help. If his wife can help out or I can get a lien against their property so what.

:eek: You are a greedy STUPID woman, personally, I hope you NEVER collect anything after HIS youngest turns 18.

Not only that, but if you'd taken that $20000 from him then, it's not like it would have alleviated the rest of his debt. So it's your own fault that you don't have the child support you are demanding.

WHWT

stepmom&mom said:
Not only that, but if you'd taken that $20000 from him then, it's not like it would have alleviated the rest of his debt. So it's your own fault that you don't have the child support you are demanding.
Not so......his attorney told CSE they would pay the $20,000 and stop all obligation or no deal. He was mad because our oldest daughter quit school, had a baby and then eventually married the father who has other children. She is now 20. She had gone on with her life and did not want to go every other weekend to see her dad. They youngest was getting busy with her high school issues and did not want to go either.

As far as the $20,000......I want the $30,000 so I opted for him to continue to pay monthly CS and arrears. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">