• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

general q

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommyto2706

What is the name of your state?tx
just a general wondering if a custodial parent signs over all parental rights are they still liable for back support?? anyone with experience? :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

Mommyto2706 said:
What is the name of your state?tx
just a general wondering if a custodial parent signs over all parental rights are they still liable for back support?? anyone with experience? :rolleyes:
No they are not since custodial parents do not pay child support to begin with.

Now, if it was the non-custodial parent it would be different :D

Shay-Pari'e

You have to be kidding, all this help you are getting and now this?

I'm done, figure it out for yourself.

OH! And no he can't just give up his rights.

rmet4nzkx

You already closed your thread about child support when you didn't get the advice you wanted, now you try again, if you think we are so stupid, why ask at all.

Your boyfriend will have to petition the court for visitation and still owes the court ordered child support even if he had 10 more children. It is his own fault that he failed to appear and got supervised visitaiton, It's his fault he moved to TX, it's his fault if he makes less money. He is lucky he's not also paying for medical and child care expenses too. Now maybe you need to go out and get a job and help support the family you helped make, you knew all of this since his 1st child was 2 months old, and YOU chose to have two more children with him. Both of you need to grow up. If he owes back child support it doesn't go away because he doesn't visit his child and he cannot TPR to avoid child support expenses, you know all of this, so quit whinnnnninnnnnnnnnnggggggggg
:rolleyes:

Mommyto2706

duh

This had nothing to do with the other questions he doesn't want to sign over his rights it was a completely different question mostly because my dad did it with his kids excluding myself. So again it was a general question and the advice from other threads was fine although some less than others. Those of you going off about it get real you don't know me my fiance the ex her husband etc. my questions had nothing to do with them except to ask what lawyer He needed to get. whatever else written was fueled by others responses.

Mommyto2706

not whining

If im whining why are you writing back. where is your job or do you go on message boards all day and play?? I had our daughter 3 months ago so i have not yet returned to work however I have a great job which luckily gave me 4 months maternity leave as was said earlier i am not considered in a court case he is. Our daughters aren't hurting for anything and neither is his since he pays his child support. So why don't you get real stop Whining about others "WHINING" and get a real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">