• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(Georgia) Dating a Minor (Under 18)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA

Her mom has forbidden us to see each other or talk to each other, along with her best friend. Which I understand completely and accept, however I do intend on talking to her.

You need to look up the words "understand" and "accept", since you do not know the meaning of either.

arewhyfour

You need to look up the words "understand" and "accept", since you do not know the meaning of either.
I meant talk to her mom, not her.

Anyway, I talked to a lawyer in town today and assured me that since she went on the trip willingly there isn't anything I could get pegged with. The custodial interference only refers to long term situations and since this was only like a weekend thing (and when asked, we returned home) it's not something I could be charged with.

The contributing to the delinquency of a minor could be charged if we had sex or drank alcohol down there (which we didn't).

If we continue to see each other, then it could possibly be contributing to the delinquency of a minor, but that would be iffy. However, if I was to step foot on their property after being told not to (which I haven't been yet) then I could get criminal trespassing.

I'm only posting this information for anyone who may be going through a similar situation.

Thanks for your attempt to help though, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">