• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting childsupport from a donor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Was it signed off by COURT ORDER?

Regardless, he's not a legal dad. You can have him not be there at all. If he violates that, get a restraining order.

nextwife

He is a legal stranger, with no more legal rights than a bioparent after adoption. While an adoptive parent is free to have an open adoption with the bioparent, they can cut off contact if the legal parent's right to parent is not being respected.

I'd suggest you put your foot down and tell the donor to back off and you will parent your own think, thank you.

nextwife

Was it signed off by COURT ORDER?

Regardless, he's not a legal dad. You can have him not be there at all. If he violates that, get a restraining order.
I do not believe donor contracts, done through doctors offices, are made court orders. I do not believe that donor banks/fertility clinics get court orders for every donation.

TinkerBelleLuvr

If that phone is a problem, who is the parent here? if you are, you are free to get rid of it. Give it back to him.

Look up Garden of Eden.

pclassic123

Without him having been established AS THE FATHER, he does NOT have a child. YOU have a child. He is NOT obligated to do jack for either you or YOUR (non-plural) daughter. As the ONLY parent this child has, you need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and actually PARENT your child. Period. Leave this guy alone. He's nothing to you, and apparently not a good influence on your daughter. LEGALLY, you have ALL of the say. He, in turn, has NONE.
He established he's the father by donating his sperm to me only and not as a unknown donor. He didn't just go jack off in a dish and say here. He went through tests before I accepted his sperm.

mistoffolees

He is a legal stranger, with no more legal rights than a bioparent after adoption. While an adoptive parent is free to have an open adoption with the bioparent, they can cut off contact if the legal parent's right to parent is not being respected.

I'd suggest you put your foot down and tell the donor to back off and you will parent your own think, thank you.
I agree. HOWEVER, since others may actually search for information and find this thread (although I haven't seen that much evidence that people actually use the search engine on this site :rolleyes:), I'll add the following:

The above is what happens when you try to play games outside the system. Then compound it by letting the father be in the child's life at the same time you don't want him to be any part of the child's life.

You don't get to have it both ways. If you want to have a baby without a father being involved, then get an anonymous sperm donation through a licensed center. If you want someone you know to be the father, then plan on them really being the father, not just a donor. And if you choose to not let the father be a legal part of the child's life, then don't complain about not getting child support. And if you don't want the father to be involved, don't blame him for the child's misbehavior. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICES.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

He established he's the father by donating his sperm to me only and not as a unknown donor. He didn't just go jack off in a dish and say here. He went through tests before I accepted his sperm.
So. He has been established as Dad, ie, there is a birth certificate with his name on it? There is a court order? Not according to your post, there isn't. So, which is it? I'm NOT asking whether or not you know who provided the other half of your child's DNA. I mean LEGALLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">