• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Off Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DMoorman

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was put on probation for five years in 1999 and since I've paid my fine of $10,000 off early and done all my community service my probation officer wants to get me off early but he doesn't know what it is he has to do. He's new and I'm guessing he doesn't want to ask anyone. Does anyone know what it is that I have to do, what forms or whatever have to be filed in order for me to get off probation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

JETX

Your probation officer will have to petition the court to ask them to waive the rest of your probation. Don't get your hopes up... the fine and community service are only PART of your 'retribution' for the crime.... it is very likely the courts will NOT waive the balance of your probation.

D

DMoorman

As the judge explained it to me, if I followed the rules and paid my fines I'd be eligible to get off early. It's deferred so only the arrest will be on my record. I just didn't know if I'd have to hire an attorney or not for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">