• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Give it back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJ615

I live in Tn. My ex and I (never married) split and she wants to take both vehicles. She did in fact purchase my car and gave it to me. We decided at that time to put the car in her name so that we could get a better rate on our insurance (home and auto). Do I have any rights in regards to the car?

Isis1

I live in Tn. My ex and I (never married) split and she wants to take both vehicles. She did in fact purchase my car and gave it to me. We decided at that time to put the car in her name so that we could get a better rate on our insurance (home and auto). Do I have any rights in regards to the car?
you don't own it. your name isn't on it. you have no proof you paid for it. do you have proof it was a gift to you?

bobbybats

if shes not willing to give it to you, you would have to tell it to the judge.
if you have some sort of proof it was a gift that would be good
if not everything is against you, and it would be your word against hers

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">