• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going awol from basic training?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowchiq16

I know that lying on an application is not advisable. Although your records will not be disclosed by the armed forces, the fact you have served will show up on a background check. Why don't you try the same thing another 120 days from now.
this is not true. I served honorably and now work for the State at a juvenile detention center and there was no record of my serving in the military when all of my background checks and security clearances came back. I got out in 2008 I put it on my application and the director of the center who hired me did not even know I was in the military until it came up in conversation about a month after I started. Yes it is something to be proud of but the world does not revolve around prior service in the military. The fact that I did serve honorably and more often than not it goes unnoticed and I believe that hurts more.

Proserpina

this is not true. I served honorably and now work for the State at a juvenile detention center and there was no record of my serving in the military when all of my background checks and security clearances came back. I got out in 2008 I put it on my application and the director of the center who hired me did not even know I was in the military until it came up in conversation about a month after I started. Yes it is something to be proud of but the world does not revolve around prior service in the military. The fact that I did serve honorably and more often than not it goes unnoticed and I believe that hurts more.

You're necroposting.

PLEASE don't do that.

Thanks.

tls82107

here is how it goes after 30 days or so go to ft. sill. any base will do just don't go back to the one you went awol from. you will be a hold over. any base you can get to, HAS to pay for your travel to ft sill. there is also a base in Kentucky you can go to as well, not sure the name of that base .. anyho once you get there just tell the mp's that you are awol they will take you to a barracks and issue you a uniform. IT'S not like jail at all. infact the officers there are actually quite friendly, and understanding. at any given time there are 2 to 12 people in there process of getting discharged out its actually like being in boot camp again except no one yells at you, and you don't have to exercise. the prosses will take 1 to 2 weeks depeding on how many people are there. if you do happen to be there longer than a month they have to start paying you again.. they also ask you if you want to stay in soo there is always that option too ..
all in all you will leave with just a slap on the hand and an other than honorable discharge which for me I have had no problems getting a job going to school etc.. it's never been an issue for me. i'm glad i got out when i did.
i hope this helps and i really hope you find your true calling in life this is just a minor bump for you!

hello how long ago did you go awol for when did you turn yourself in how along ago was in when this happens is it the same way now what did you do while being awol my son has gone awol in basic training and is scared he made the wrong choice and im looking for some knowledge i have read so many different things and the fort sill thing pops up here and there is this true anyways looking forward to your reply thanks

tls82107

here is how it goes after 30 days or so go to ft. sill. any base will do just don't go back to the one you went awol from. you will be a hold over. any base you can get to, HAS to pay for your travel to ft sill. there is also a base in Kentucky you can go to as well, not sure the name of that base .. anyho once you get there just tell the mp's that you are awol they will take you to a barracks and issue you a uniform. IT'S not like jail at all. infact the officers there are actually quite friendly, and understanding. at any given time there are 2 to 12 people in there process of getting discharged out its actually like being in boot camp again except no one yells at you, and you don't have to exercise. the prosses will take 1 to 2 weeks depeding on how many people are there. if you do happen to be there longer than a month they have to start paying you again.. they also ask you if you want to stay in soo there is always that option too ..
all in all you will leave with just a slap on the hand and an other than honorable discharge which for me I have had no problems getting a job going to school etc.. it's never been an issue for me. i'm glad i got out when i did.
i hope this helps and i really hope you find your true calling in life this is just a minor bump for you!
Hello do you have a answer are anyone have a answer my son has been AWOL in week 5 of basic he went AWOL what are his options what should he do why did you do while you were AWOL I need real information so please help is the pcf process still at fort sill is that a option did they look for you please let me know ASAP thanks

tls82107

AWOL help

Hello I néed help my son has went AWOL in basic training on week 5 and I need some knowledge is fort sill still doing pcf processing what are some worst case punishments if caught where should he go while being AWOL how was anyone's experience I need help and advice on what to do please no negativity just some good solid knowledge thanks

Proserpina

Hello do you have a answer are anyone have a answer my son has been AWOL in week 5 of basic he went AWOL what are his options what should he do why did you do while you were AWOL I need real information so please help is the pcf process still at fort sill is that a option did they look for you please let me know ASAP thanks

Sweety - you need to start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">