• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going in front of Professional Practices Advisory Committee for teaching certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Az.guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I'm going in front of Arizona's Professional Practices Advisory Committee in a few weeks after I applied for an Arizona substitute teaching certificate. I was told the reason for the review is that I had my California substitute credential suspended for 14 days back in 2008 for having a DUI conviction and disturbing the peace conviction within a few years of each other. Since then I have received my California multiple subject teaching credential and have worked in classrooms as an aid for 2 years. Is there any reason for me to believe that the committee might recommend not authorizing me an Arizona substitute teaching certificate when I hold a regular California teaching credential? Thanks:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I'm going in front of Arizona's Professional Practices Advisory Committee in a few weeks after I applied for an Arizona substitute teaching certificate. I was told the reason for the review is that I had my California substitute credential suspended for 14 days back in 2008 for having a DUI conviction and disturbing the peace conviction within a few years of each other. Since then I have received my California multiple subject teaching credential and have worked in classrooms as an aid for 2 years. Is there any reason for me to believe that the committee might recommend not authorizing me an Arizona substitute teaching certificate when I hold a regular California teaching credential? Thanks:)
This is no way on God's green earth that we can answer that question without a crystal ball.

Humusluvr

If you've had suspended credentials, then AZ has to investigate before they issue new credentials in their state. This may be as easy as answering a few questions, but it might be as rough as them grilling you and denying your request. It depends how bad AZ needs subs, and how you present your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">