• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going out of state with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Michigan is bordered by a number of states: Indiana, Ohio & Wisconsin. Sometimes, when someone says I'm moving to Ohio, it might be 10 miles down the road. OP never stated the distance from her current residence to the place in Ohio. Judges will grant moves across statelines with a stipulation of no more than 100 miles from original home.

mistoffolees

Michigan is bordered by a number of states: Indiana, Ohio & Wisconsin. Sometimes, when someone says I'm moving to Ohio, it might be 10 miles down the road. OP never stated the distance from her current residence to the place in Ohio. Judges will grant moves across statelines with a stipulation of no more than 100 miles from original home.
Yes, they will - sometimes. But you need to ask their permission first.

I guess you could add another item to my previous post.
6. File for divorce and request permission to take the kids out of state.

TinkerBelleLuvr

You will note that I said a JUDGE might allow for it. That meant that it went to court, either by trial or stipulation.

Now, when mentioning the border states, I deliberately didn't mention the 51 wanna-be-a state to the north. That one is a whole other problem.

penelope10

You will note that I said a JUDGE might allow for it. That meant that it went to court, either by trial or stipulation.

Now, when mentioning the border states, I deliberately didn't mention the 51 wanna-be-a state to the north. That one is a whole other problem.
Dern, Canadians:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">